Echo up for sale

They won't buy it till it goes bust, then roll in to pick it up for pennies.
They'll try and make it a more attractive proposition by passing the pension debt onto the Pension Protection Fund - I'm a member of the scheme and I've already been told that this is something that they are looking at doing

Trinity, who own the Newcastle Chronicle, are supposedly interested

A north east wide paper with some proper journalistic content is the only way forward. The echo is an absolute joke of a newspaper and is only bought by old people out of habit. Regional news, sport, and proper features across the whole region is the only solution imo

A north east wide paper with some proper journalistic content is the only way forward. The echo is an absolute joke of a newspaper and is only bought by old people out of habit. Regional news, sport, and proper features across the whole region is the only solution imo

Wrong, we need our own strong media arm and not get sucked into the Newcastle centric media as a footnote, the Echo in it's current crippled pathetic form however is not the answer.

They'll try and make it a more attractive proposition by passing the pension debt onto the Pension Protection Fund - I'm a member of the scheme and I've already been told that this is something that they are looking at doing

My lass works for TM and says they can't afford to take on the £220m debt, so I would imagine something would have to be worked out before anything happened, plus jp print a lot of titles for TM,

My lass works for TM and says they can't afford to take on the £220m debt, so I would imagine something would have to be worked out before anything happened, plus jp print a lot of titles for TM,
A lot of that debt is the pension deficit which they will attempt to pass on to the government. JP and Trinity did talk about merging a few years ago so I would guess that TM would still have an interest

Back