Eccentric/Weird People from your childhood & teenage years

Teacher in science class once demanded that I clean up a pool of water on the floor as I was walking past. Thing was I hadn't spilled the water in the first place and he'd stood by and giggled along with the lasses who did it, so I said that I didn't make the puddle and wouldn't clean it up. He proceeded to dive owa a desk, wrap hold of me by the hair, throw me to the floor and try and wipe the puddle up with my fyess. If I have a regret from school it's that I didn't swing for him once I gathered my composure and got up.

Couple of weeks/months before/after he walloped a kid in the dining hall across the back of the head whilst he was eating one of those huge home made biscuits you got at school. He hit him with such force that the kid smashed his face off the table forcing the biscuit down his throat and he began choking on it.

Can't remember which event happened first but one of them was the final straw, he got booted from the school.

We also had female PE teachers who would wander through the lads changing rooms as we were getting showered/changed after PE

I got a few clips off different teachers at school that I deserved, I've even met a couple of them since I left school and I've no quarrel with them whatsoever, in fact the opposite I know when I was being a little shit. But in the first instance I mentioned there was absolutely no need for it.

Kids could be pretty cruel too. Back in the 60's we had a Chemistry teacher who was very odd.The kids always rumoured that he had been wounded in the head during the War or had been a POW and mistreated but nothing certain it was all kids talk. Anyway whatever had happened the poor man he was not in any fit state to be teaching he was a bit detached from the world and muttered to himself a lot and could just about keep it together to give chemistry lesson. He was totally insensitive to what was going on within the class and was unable to keep any control.

Being an all boys school there was more than just a touch of the "Lord of the Flies" about it when is came to a teacher like him. What would start as kids poking fun and tittering at his reaction would get really nasty and as he began catch on and began to loose his temper and then in frustration get in to a rage. Some of the kids thought the fun was at its highest when it reached that point. The thing was that there couldn't have been a member of staff in the whole place including the headmaster who didn't know what was going on but none of them seemed to even acknowledge that there was even a problem or made any effort to protect the bloke or the kids and the way that they should have. The guy had been on the staff for some years before I got there and on arrival the older kids gave you the whole story. None of that could have been unnoticed by the staff.

The day came when another class in the year I was in really stirred the guy up. I used to go home a dinner time and when I got back one day for the afternoon session all hell had been going on. Although I saw nothing of the incident itself it seemed that one kid had been baiting the bloke so much that he was physically attacked by the guy. The kid was a big 15 year old and the teacher was rather small so I doubt any damage could have been done but anyway the kid had taken it upon himself to go and complain to the headmaster.

It wasn't a good move as the headmaster went ape shit with the kid. As young as I was it was clear to me that the headmaster was using terror to close things down pretty darn quickly before they got any further. I remember the kid himself looked fairly stunned after the encounter and of course nothing more was said and life went on.

It got the impression that for whatever reason the headmaster thought that he had to protect the blokes job and that it had to be kept from education department. To be honest the poor chap was being reduced to such a state I think that he wasn't being done any favours at all. He was still there a couple of years later when I left in the 6th form, I assumed that he didn't stay on much longer after that and may be he was able to get an early pension of something. He should NEVER have in any event been allowed to teach for his own sake let alone the kids.

After all these years my mind often goes back to what a horrible situation it was and how the guy must have gone through hell but the daft buggers in charge thought that they were helping him.

All these teachers seem pusdycats compared to the nuns that taught me

Had the lot cane ruler duster for the board
All used on.my body at some point
Wo be tide if you said a prayer wrong

Last edited:
I had a PE teacher in Durham who was blatantly a wrongun. Would make the lads have a shower even when they hadn’t been doing any physical activity that warranted having a wash after. Gymnastics for instance or table tennis. Would watch all the lads go in one by one. Creepy as fuck he was. Almost certainly dead now or in his 90s.

I worked in a bakers as a Saturday job early 70s. Job included deliveries on a bike.

An old couple always had a little “ sustenance “drink for me , port or sherry - large tumbler. Sometimes two.

I was 13.

Happy days.

Only realised years later I was almost the only person they saw every week and cherished the company.

When collecting I realised with the older people this was the only company they got each week.

All these psycho teachers. Anyone from East Herrington Primary remember Mrs Wilkinson? She never actually taught me but everyone was shit scared of her. Then there was Mr Frazer. I was in his class. He generally ignored me but there was a lad called Kev Frost that I remember he picked on quite a bit. Frazer had a black plimsoll that he was very fond on using.
aye, she was my first teacher at east herra about 1968 . lived in charter drive near back entrance of school. she was terrifying . remember one time she was reading a story and went on to about 4.30 ish, even the junior school had gone home, parents waiting for their kids in my class went absolutely mental.
frazer used to draw a face on sammy the slipper, never saw him use it though, thought it was akin to a nuclear deterrent.

A metal work teacher who would trap the earlobe of that days bad lad in a vice

A games teacher who made anyone who ‘forgot’ their rugby kit play the full games session in a leotard

Another teacher who got caught flashing to a bus full of lasses. Did it once then drove around the one way system and did it again

When I was in first school I forgot my PE kit and the headteacher at the time (female btw) who took the class, made me and another kid do PE only wearing our underwear! I was only 6 at the time!

This was a long time ago nearly twenty years ago, things would have been a lot different if this happened now a days. At the time I felt guilty because I forgot my PE kit and thought I was being punished for it.

One of my teachers was really creepy and made comments that made me feel uncomfortable about me being a pretty girl and stuff while staring at my chest. He used to send letters home to my parents saying what an exceptional student I was etc., even though others were getting similar marks and they never had letters sent home. I was poorly in my final year at school so absent often. I used to get pervy phone calls which coincided with school break and dinner times and I'm pretty sure it was him. The perv always commented on my tits. The perv never rang when my parents were in and he knew both my parents worked so I was home alone.

His wife worked with my Dad and had to collect some paperwork from our house. He came with her and asked to go to the toilet. For some reason he used the upstairs bathroom instead of the downstairs loo like most visitors do. The next time I saw him in school he was saying creepy things like "I've seen in your bedroom," and mentioned things like my posters and duvet cover so I knew he'd seen. I hated him. He's the reason I didn't stay on for sixth form, then I was offered a job as a school lab tech when I was 18 but I didn't want to go back as he was still there.
Name and shame the creepy bastard

teacher at ours used to throw the blackboard rubber with some force,directly at your head.One lad who was a target, for a joke shouted,Miss me heads bleading...she walked up to check, saw no blood and promptly slapped his head with such force his specs shot off...job losing assault these days.

That happened to me and it split my head open....he had missed the lad sitting next to me.

I collected stamps at the time. So did the teacher - a few days later he gave me a whole load of Canadian stamps. I've still got them.
Female biology teacher at Sacriston comprehensive in the early 80s, the desks in her class where quite high, she would walk around between the desks and if any lad gripped the side of the desk, would trap your hand with her crotch when talking and slowly move side to side for a minute or two before moving away.

And your problem with this is.......?

:lol:
Lots of names mentioned above. Perhaps this should be in Parsnip.......

Last edited:
One of my teachers was really creepy and made comments that made me feel uncomfortable about me being a pretty girl and stuff while staring at my chest. He used to send letters home to my parents saying what an exceptional student I was etc., even though others were getting similar marks and they never had letters sent home. I was poorly in my final year at school so absent often. I used to get pervy phone calls which coincided with school break and dinner times and I'm pretty sure it was him. The perv always commented on my tits. The perv never rang when my parents were in and he knew both my parents worked so I was home alone.

His wife worked with my Dad and had to collect some paperwork from our house. He came with her and asked to go to the toilet. For some reason he used the upstairs bathroom instead of the downstairs loo like most visitors do. The next time I saw him in school he was saying creepy things like "I've seen in your bedroom," and mentioned things like my posters and duvet cover so I knew he'd seen. I hated him. He's the reason I didn't stay on for sixth form, then I was offered a job as a school lab tech when I was 18 but I didn't want to go back as he was still there.
That is disgusting.

A friend of mine in the 6th form was rumoured to be having a thing with the Head of girls. One day there was a notice saying all 6th formers were to meet in the hall which we did. Turned out it was an unofficial meeting called by my friend who proceeded to stand at the front of the hall and declare that she wasn't having a fling with Mrs B. We were speechless. Quite sad really, especially as she declared 'I'm not a lesbian'. A shame she felt she had to do that. And a bit weird.

A friend of mine in the 6th form was rumoured to be having a thing with the Head of girls. One day there was a notice saying all 6th formers were to meet in the hall which we did. Turned out it was an unofficial meeting called by my friend who proceeded to stand at the front of the hall and declare that she wasn't having a fling with Mrs B. We were speechless. Quite sad really, especially as she declared 'I'm not a lesbian'. A shame she felt she had to do that. And a bit weird.

Thought you were going to say something about 'A' levels there....

Back