Eccentric/Weird People from your childhood & teenage years

Mr.Thunders

Striker
Who's behaviour would be considered not appropriate today?
I'm not just talking about catholic priests but looking back some teachers and people I came across as a kid/teen would have the cuffs slapped on them now.
When I worked the milk I used to collect and this old bloke in his 70's was always very friendly and when I collected money from him (for milk not sexual favours) in winter he used to always offer me a shot of whisky (I was 15) and chocolates.
A toucher by modern day standards?

My chemistry teacher would be in jail. Proper pervert with the fit lasses, but everyone thought it was funny at the time

Think he was deputy head as well

Looking back, if he done that to my daughter and she came home and told me......

Had a sister who used to throw her fork across the room as she ate her dinner if you misbehaved or got a question wrong. Hit a few of the class on the head was waiting for someone's eye to get took out she threw it with some force horrible bitch.

Aye before background checks and formal teacher training any fucker with a degree could "teach".

PE teachers were often porvorts.
Agree there, ours used to stand at the showers after pe and make everyone go in whilst watching, odd f***ing behaviour. Mentioned this before but music teacher at redhouse comp was allegedly messing around with a pupil. her irate boyfriend painted in about 3 foot high letters on a gable end facing the school. Ditmar is shagging sharon *******😁😁

There was a bloke in the village - big, fat, huge beard and always had a bag around him. We called him “Machete”. No idea why. He used to chase us but being so fat he never caught any of us. Shudder to think what might have happened if he had done.

teacher at ours used to throw the blackboard rubber with some force,directly at your head.One lad who was a target, for a joke shouted,Miss me heads bleading...she walked up to check, saw no blood and promptly slapped his head with such force his specs shot off...job losing assault these days.

Last edited:
Had a teacher when I was 11 who was definitely inappropriate. We went to Allenheads for a weekend and he came into the girls' dorm with a big box of crisps passing them out in exchange for a kiss goodnight. He came to me and I asked what flavour they were. He only had ready salted left so I said 'No thanks'. Thank God there wasn't any salt and vinegar.

PE teacher at my school used to tell people they couldn't have underwear on and used to make one lad pull his shorts down to check, it was always the same lad.

Yeah I remember PE teachers in the showers commenting on our knobs / levels of puberty as a way to embarrass us. Can't believe what they got away with.

Yeah I remember PE teachers in the showers commenting on our knobs / levels of puberty as a way to embarrass us. Can't believe what they got away with.
Our teacher used to practically wrestle our towels off us. Obviously teenage lasses were not keen on getting naked so we tried to nip in the shower and wet our hair. The teacher used to come in and try and pull our towels off. Unbelievable behaviour even then.

Agree there, ours used to stand at the showers after pe and make everyone go in whilst watching, odd f***ing behaviour. Mentioned this before but music teacher at redhouse comp was allegedly messing around with a pupil. her irate boyfriend painted in about 3 foot high letters on a gable end facing the school. Ditmar is shagging sharon *******😁😁

Aye I remember that well..where the lad painted it faced the music classes anarl..she was a Bonny lass the one in question anarl.

One of my PE teachers was a proper perv, he did swimming lessons and his office backed directly onto the lads changing rooms.

He must have drilled a hole through the wall as one of lads looked into it one day and there was an eye looking at him from the other side.

Maths teacher at Ryhope Comp, 1981/82 ish. Lass told him that lad had hit her....so Mr D##e carried out a full-on assault on the lad, including ripping the sleeve of his jacket.

Parents came in to School but nowt came of it, and as far as I know, Teacher remained until place closed in the late 80s.

Almost certainly would be a prison sentence now.
Another time, a lad I'm still mates with was messing on with electric socket on science class bench, just clicking switch on and off. Deputy Head who was a big rugby player type heard it when walking past class..came charging in and lifted lad off his feet and slammed him down on his back onto bench, and winded him. Still mentions it now from time to time, remember when Su########d knacked me in science class.

Maybe not prison this time, but serious career consequences I would think.

Last edited:
One of my teachers was really creepy and made comments that made me feel uncomfortable about me being a pretty girl and stuff while staring at my chest. He used to send letters home to my parents saying what an exceptional student I was etc., even though others were getting similar marks and they never had letters sent home. I was poorly in my final year at school so absent often. I used to get pervy phone calls which coincided with school break and dinner times and I'm pretty sure it was him. The perv always commented on my tits. The perv never rang when my parents were in and he knew both my parents worked so I was home alone.

His wife worked with my Dad and had to collect some paperwork from our house. He came with her and asked to go to the toilet. For some reason he used the upstairs bathroom instead of the downstairs loo like most visitors do. The next time I saw him in school he was saying creepy things like "I've seen in your bedroom," and mentioned things like my posters and duvet cover so I knew he'd seen. I hated him. He's the reason I didn't stay on for sixth form, then I was offered a job as a school lab tech when I was 18 but I didn't want to go back as he was still there.

An art teacher at Thornhill.

Richie 'The Ego' Pitt. Thought he was mint because he played for Sunderland. He would try and lift kids up by their sideboards. Nowt but a bully to school kids.

As for eccentric or weird people, I can't think of any.

Last edited:

Back