Eccentric/Weird People from your childhood & teenage years

Had a teacher when I was 11 who was definitely inappropriate. We went to Allenheads for a weekend and he came into the girls' dorm with a big box of crisps passing them out in exchange for a kiss goodnight. He came to me and I asked what flavour they were. He only had ready salted left so I said 'No thanks'. Thank God there wasn't any salt and vinegar.
:eek:
One of my teachers was really creepy and made comments that made me feel uncomfortable about me being a pretty girl and stuff while staring at my chest. He used to send letters home to my parents saying what an exceptional student I was etc., even though others were getting similar marks and they never had letters sent home. I was poorly in my final year at school so absent often. I used to get pervy phone calls which coincided with school break and dinner times and I'm pretty sure it was him. The perv always commented on my tits. The perv never rang when my parents were in and he knew both my parents worked so I was home alone.

His wife worked with my Dad and had to collect some paperwork from our house. He came with her and asked to go to the toilet. For some reason he used the upstairs bathroom instead of the downstairs loo like most visitors do. The next time I saw him in school he was saying creepy things like "I've seen in your bedroom," and mentioned things like my posters and duvet cover so I knew he'd seen. I hated him. He's the reason I didn't stay on for sixth form, then I was offered a job as a school lab tech when I was 18 but I didn't want to go back as he was still there.
:eek::eek:

Maths teacher in the first year of secondary school was called Frost, used to have a thing everyone called Frosty-knocks. If you misbehaved, irritated him in any way or were just a bit slow (there was one lad who used to be a victim all the time because of this), he'd wrap his fingers in your hair with one hand, lift you up out of your seat and knock on your head with the knuckles of his other hand like he was knocking on a door.

Of course, at the time no one thought there was anything we could do about this, because there effectively wasn't. Eleven, twelve year old kids man. Utter nonce, you could see that he enjoyed it. He moved on from our school, but I dearly hope wherever he ended up, one day he ran into some kids grown up who kicked the shit out of him.

Also got bent over and whacked with a hockey stick, slippered, all that. Do think education back then was a playground for paedos.

Teachers in the 1970s and 1980s were a weird lot like :lol::confused:
Teacher in the late 70s used to line all the lasses up before the start of PE to check they weren’t wearing anything under their PE shirts, and liked having the lads run around in their y-fronts if they forgot their gym gear.

Arts Teacher in the early 80s used to keep a cricket ball on his desk, and throw it at anybody who wasn’t paying attention. He also liked to slap any unsuspecting kid on the back hard, did it to me once, slapped me hard on my back actually made my legs buckle and gasping for breath.

Female biology teacher at Sacriston comprehensive in the early 80s, the desks in her class where quite high, she would walk around between the desks and if any lad gripped the side of the desk, would trap your hand with her crotch when talking and slowly move side to side for a minute or two before moving away.

Whiskey Wilson was a great teacher. Bit volatile and saw him getting kicked out of Roker park in my youth. Always on the drink but what a teacher he was. Passionate about literature and arts. Taught me many a lesson about life and how to be a man. A tough bloke unfortunately the youth today would be crying their eyeballs out when faced with him.

One of my teachers was really creepy and made comments that made me feel uncomfortable about me being a pretty girl and stuff while staring at my chest. He used to send letters home to my parents saying what an exceptional student I was etc., even though others were getting similar marks and they never had letters sent home. I was poorly in my final year at school so absent often. I used to get pervy phone calls which coincided with school break and dinner times and I'm pretty sure it was him. The perv always commented on my tits. The perv never rang when my parents were in and he knew both my parents worked so I was home alone.

His wife worked with my Dad and had to collect some paperwork from our house. He came with her and asked to go to the toilet. For some reason he used the upstairs bathroom instead of the downstairs loo like most visitors do. The next time I saw him in school he was saying creepy things like "I've seen in your bedroom," and mentioned things like my posters and duvet cover so I knew he'd seen. I hated him. He's the reason I didn't stay on for sixth form, then I was offered a job as a school lab tech when I was 18 but I didn't want to go back as he was still there.

f***ing hell

Whiskey Wilson was a great teacher. Bit volatile and saw him getting kicked out of Roker park in my youth. Always on the drink but what a teacher he was. Passionate about literature and arts. Taught me many a lesson about life and how to be a man. A tough bloke unfortunately the youth today would be crying their eyeballs out when faced with him.

Farra?

Used to be a teacher who backhanded me and burst my nose, really explosive temper, thankfully that's all he did to me. Years later it came out he had molested a few other boys, one of whom has mental health issues, one tried to commit suicide, another lad seems relatively unscathed but who knows. The teacher had worked all over the world, eventually arrested in a caravan in Scotland in his 80's 🙄
A number of teachers were sadistic or took their tempers out on the children they taught, they wouldn't have been in a job today.

I worked in a bakers as a Saturday job early 70s. Job included deliveries on a bike.

An old couple always had a little “ sustenance “drink for me , port or sherry - large tumbler. Sometimes two.

I was 13.

Happy days.

Only realised years later I was almost the only person they saw every week and cherished the company.

Aye I remember that well..where the lad painted it faced the music classes anarl..she was a Bonny lass the one in question anarl.
She was indeed marra, your a downhill lad and ex shipyards, had a bit wind up of one of the auld downhill lads,all his 3brothers and fatha worked at pickies, we used to call them austin and nelsons 😁😁
Used to be a teacher who backhanded me and burst my nose, really explosive temper, thankfully that's all he did to me. Years later it came out he had molested a few other boys, one of whom has mental health issues, one tried to commit suicide, another lad seems relatively unscathed but who knows. The teacher had worked all over the world, eventually arrested in a caravan in Scotland in his 80's 🙄
A number of teachers were sadistic or took their tempers out on the children they taught, they wouldn't have been in a job today.
Me anarl, deputy head backhanded me and bust my nose. He nearly shit himself. Was a thread on here a couple of years ago about schoolteachers and was loads on about the corporal punishment we got but by the same token some other posters from my year saw nothing of this at all.

Last edited:
Aye before background checks and formal teacher training any fucker with a degree could "teach".

PE teachers were often porvorts.
If one had the misfortune to be summoned to the Staff Room early 70s at our school , one could be forgiven for thinking you had stumbled into a physchiatric ward.

Through the fog of cigarette smoke lurked an eclectic mix of old school teachers and the emerging hippy liberal teachers.

The former were often bullies - the latter didn’t enforce any discipline.

That said we soon learned the boundaries- our view then was if you got caned or a blackboard duster thrown at you , you probably deserved it.( wholly unacceptable today of course)

The biggest trick was not to get caught and we learned some outstanding stunts to avoid this.

The only pervy encounter was that the art teacher had sketched one of the 6th form girls topless ( not him , her). Instead of being outraged the lads tried everything to uncover this work - sadly to no avail.

But that was the 70s and history is different place.

She was indeed marra, your a downhill lad and ex shipyards, had a bit wind up of one of the auld downhill lads,all his 3brothers and fatha worked at pickies, we used to call them austin and nelsons 😁😁

Me anarl, deputy head backhanded me and bust my nose. He nearly shit himself. Was a thread on here a couple of years ago about schoolteachers and was loads on about the corporal punishment we got but by the same token some other posters from my year saw nothing of this at all.

I know the Nelson lads..Steve knocked about with us for a bit.

Had one that used to stand with his back to the class then spin round and launch a blackboard rubber. I had stitches above my eye, and before he let me go to the school office I had to promise to say I fell over. I told my mam as soon as I got home, he apologised the next day. Week later doing the same again, f***ing prick he was

Mr Dixon at Collierly County Junior Mixed and Infant School in Dipton (yes, it’s spelled with L) smacked John Hepburn on the arse every morning in front of the class. He did it every time he got a sum wrong in maths or something. There were tears of humiliation every single day. One day John got the sum right. He came up with the courage to challenge Mr Dixon on why he was being smacked with a table tennis bat when he’d got the answer right. Mr Dixon said that he was smacking him so he’d “remember it next time”.

How I’d have dearly loved to have encountered Mr Dixon in adult life.

Mr Dixon at Collierly County Junior Mixed and Infant School in Dipton (yes, it’s spelled with L) smacked John Hepburn on the arse every morning in front of the class. He did it every time he got a sum wrong in maths or something. There were tears of humiliation every single day. One day John got the sum right. He came up with the courage to challenge Mr Dixon on why he was being smacked with a table tennis bat when he’d got the answer right. Mr Dixon said that he was smacking him so he’d “remember it next time”.

It’s very odd there is little evidence of revenge.

Some of the beatings , violence and downright bullying by teachers I witnessed would send modern era society into justifiable outrage.

And yet , when these lads - victims in essence, grew up I don’t recall any instance of a “ visit”. We knew where they all lived.

As I said earlier there was a surprising degree of “ well , to be honest , I did deserve it” . There was no alternative back them , most schools had these physcotic nutters , it was I guess the status quo of the time.

Perhaps it was the lucky kids who shrugged it off , grew up and moved on - god knows the effect it had , still has , to those unable to take that ambivalent stance.

hope you're ok now John

Used to see Gary now and then..didn’t he go into the pub trade for a bit??..never seen Colin since I left Downhill..he’s a year younger than me.
Gary done allkinds of stuff, involved with pneumatics now. Steve has the kennels, col just took early retirement from nissan and keith is at jtatkinsons who i was winding up yesterday about not being able to get a apprenticeship for the bleeding nelsons 👍

All these psycho teachers. Anyone from East Herrington Primary remember Mrs Wilkinson? She never actually taught me but everyone was shit scared of her. Then there was Mr Frazer. I was in his class. He generally ignored me but there was a lad called Kev Frost that I remember he picked on quite a bit. Frazer had a black plimsoll that he was very fond on using.

Back