Eating on your own in restaurants

Status
Not open for further replies.

How would the SMB deal with this. I’ve found myself in a bit of an awkward situation. I’m down Kent on a work course and I’ve been put in an unbelievably fancy hotel for the rest of the week. This is a distinct improvement on last week where I was in a shit Days Inn in a services. Anyway, last night I went down to the bar/restaurant thing and had a bit of scran. I’ve forgotten to pack my jeans so my only work clothes aren’t my (unused) Nike gym trouser things, I’ve got my trainers and a puma jumper but this was all alright as the place was empty, dimly lit and I had a few pints and a very nice burger thing. Anyway, fast forward to tonight and I expected it to be much of the same. Alas, when I turn up the place is rammed and I’m struggling to find a table. However, the very nice staff get me a little one and I’m sat here (on my own) having a pint and waiting for some bait. Now, the issue is I’m still wearing the same scratter wear I had on yesterday and everyone surrounding my is in their finery and I’m getting odd looks. How do I play this out without necking my foot and beer and rushing out? It seems my only option is to be buried in my phone pretending not to be such a loser. I think I may be bringing the tone of the place down :eek:
Style it out. People will think you’re a chav lottery winner.

How would the SMB deal with this. I’ve found myself in a bit of an awkward situation. I’m down Kent on a work course and I’ve been put in an unbelievably fancy hotel for the rest of the week. This is a distinct improvement on last week where I was in a shit Days Inn in a services. Anyway, last night I went down to the bar/restaurant thing and had a bit of scran. I’ve forgotten to pack my jeans so my only work clothes aren’t my (unused) Nike gym trouser things, I’ve got my trainers and a puma jumper but this was all alright as the place was empty, dimly lit and I had a few pints and a very nice burger thing. Anyway, fast forward to tonight and I expected it to be much of the same. Alas, when I turn up the place is rammed and I’m struggling to find a table. However, the very nice staff get me a little one and I’m sat here (on my own) having a pint and waiting for some bait. Now, the issue is I’m still wearing the same scratter wear I had on yesterday and everyone surrounding my is in their finery and I’m getting odd looks. How do I play this out without necking my foot and beer and rushing out? It seems my only option is to be buried in my phone pretending not to be such a loser. I think I may be bringing the tone of the place down :eek:
Don't stay in such a fine place.

When I was working down south for 9 months straight i always stayed in premier inns, stayed in a plush hotel once and was pretty much the same as you. Had work clothes, chill out clothes/gymwear. Couldn't be arsed getting dressed to go for food like. In the end I just ordered it to the room

When I was working down south for 9 months straight i always stayed in premier inns, stayed in a plush hotel once and was pretty much the same as you. Had work clothes, chill out clothes/gymwear. Couldn't be arsed getting dressed to go for food like. In the end I just ordered it to the room
I didn’t pick it. It was booked for me by my establishment through a 3rd party company and on a budget, which seems to have been almost completely spent this week and nothing on last week

Never eat in the hotel.

I didn’t pick it. It was booked for me by my establishment through a 3rd party company and on a budget, which seems to have been almost completely spent this week and nothing on last week
I was in the same boat, I asked if they could make it premier inns from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back