Eating on your own in restaurants

TK-421

Winger
How would the SMB deal with this. I’ve found myself in a bit of an awkward situation. I’m down Kent on a work course and I’ve been put in an unbelievably fancy hotel for the rest of the week. This is a distinct improvement on last week where I was in a shit Days Inn in a services. Anyway, last night I went down to the bar/restaurant thing and had a bit of scran. I’ve forgotten to pack my jeans so my only work clothes aren’t my (unused) Nike gym trouser things, I’ve got my trainers and a puma jumper but this was all alright as the place was empty, dimly lit and I had a few pints and a very nice burger thing. Anyway, fast forward to tonight and I expected it to be much of the same. Alas, when I turn up the place is rammed and I’m struggling to find a table. However, the very nice staff get me a little one and I’m sat here (on my own) having a pint and waiting for some bait. Now, the issue is I’m still wearing the same scratter wear I had on yesterday and everyone surrounding my is in their finery and I’m getting odd looks. How do I play this out without necking my foot and beer and rushing out? It seems my only option is to be buried in my phone pretending not to be such a loser. I think I may be bringing the tone of the place down :eek:

How would the SMB deal with this. I’ve found myself in a bit of an awkward situation. I’m down Kent on a work course and I’ve been put in an unbelievably fancy hotel for the rest of the week. This is a distinct improvement on last week where I was in a shit Days Inn in a services. Anyway, last night I went down to the bar/restaurant thing and had a bit of scran. I’ve forgotten to pack my jeans so my only work clothes aren’t my (unused) Nike gym trouser things, I’ve got my trainers and a puma jumper but this was all alright as the place was empty, dimly lit and I had a few pints and a very nice burger thing. Anyway, fast forward to tonight and I expected it to be much of the same. Alas, when I turn up the place is rammed and I’m struggling to find a table. However, the very nice staff get me a little one and I’m sat here (on my own) having a pint and waiting for some bait. Now, the issue is I’m still wearing the same scratter wear I had on yesterday and everyone surrounding my is in their finery and I’m getting odd looks. How do I play this out without necking my foot and beer and rushing out? It seems my only option is to be buried in my phone pretending not to be such a loser. I think I may be bringing the tone of the place down :eek:
You filthy bastard.

Order a hower online and tell her to meet you there in a decent dress.

Do it all the time but a few points:

Why would you even own such gear never mind pack it for a week away?

There’s a match on so engross yourself in that.

Go somewhere else and eat.
Because I go to the gym, but I’ve kept these apart when I realised I forgot my normal gear (somehow packed my belt but nothing for them to go on). Fair one. And I would but it’s in the middle of nowhere this place, seriously.

Chuff me have you never heard of room service?
They bring the bait to you and you can sit here in your trolleys if you want.
Fair one. Not even sure if this place does room service. It’s like cabins rather than traditional rooms, if that makes any sense.

Never been to Kent.:)
:lol:

Because I go to the gym, but I’ve kept these apart when I realised I forgot my normal gear (somehow packed my belt but nothing for them to go on). Fair one. And I would but it’s in the middle of nowhere this place, seriously.

Fair one. Not even sure if this place does room service. It’s like cabins rather than traditional rooms, if that makes any sense.

:lol:
A belt and nowt else. :lol:

Just go in that.

Back