Early Morning Running

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was in the gym this morning doing a HIIT session on the bike at 6am. Felt great all day, much more lively, but it's caught up on me now and I'm fucked :lol:

Love running first thing in the morning. I'm in the school of get up and get ready and straight out. Got into getting up having a sit and something to eat first and then going but it just wasn't for me. Whatever time you get up if your getting up early you'll be tired but getting up and out for a run will get your heart pumping and feeling good for the day. Can't beat feeling refreshed after an early morning session and shower like.

June has been mint cos it's been a pleasure to go out every morning.
I've been early morning running for 6+ months now (every weekday since Christmas at least)
Up at half 4, 2 mile run (hardly worth it for some I imagine but better than nowt),
breakfast, shower, dress & in work for 6am - nice routine at the moment - harder in winter when it's dark & cold.
Last year I was doing 3 mile runs but having days off... settled on a nice 2 miler every workday now - good routine (enjoying the running, feeling fitter, not sure I'm losing any weight mind)

I've been early morning running for 6+ months now (every weekday since Christmas at least)
Up at half 4, 2 mile run (hardly worth it for some I imagine but better than nowt),
breakfast, shower, dress & in work for 6am - nice routine at the moment - harder in winter when it's dark & cold.
Last year I was doing 3 mile runs but having days off... settled on a nice 2 miler every workday now - good routine (enjoying the running, feeling fitter, not sure I'm losing any weight mind)
do you never need days of during week

Are you not crashed and in bed for 9, though?

Just managed my first morning run in ages . . surprisingly didn't need a shite until 9 miles in. . was a painful last 2.5 home though. . nearly went for a 'wild' one

I commute too and from work (11 miles each way) twice a week to get the bulk of my miles in without interfering with family life....Out of the house by 6 and into work by 7.30am.....It is great at this time of year particularly as my commute is the C2C route to Cox Green then riverbank trails and Biddick woods up to Houghton......Was pretty tough in the winter though as dark and fricken freezing, not much fun when you are getting straight out of bed.....In terms of tips there is only one....Kit by your bed, as soon as alarm clock goes off you get dressed and get the feck out of dodge before your brain kicks into gear....Worth taking gels out with you incase your blood sugars are low after the nights fast although I never find I need them. :cool:

It's definitely best not to give yourself time to think about going for a run if it's first thing like. Not so bad at this time of year but during the dark cold months you've got to get out the door and start running as quickly as possibly before your brain tells you it's a daft idea and to stay in the nice warm house.

I commute too and from work (11 miles each way) twice a week to get the bulk of my miles in without interfering with family life....Out of the house by 6 and into work by 7.30am.....It is great at this time of year particularly as my commute is the C2C route to Cox Green then riverbank trails and Biddick woods up to Houghton......Was pretty tough in the winter though as dark and fricken freezing, not much fun when you are getting straight out of bed.....In terms of tips there is only one....Kit by your bed, as soon as alarm clock goes off you get dressed and get the feck out of dodge before your brain kicks into gear....Worth taking gels out with you incase your blood sugars are low after the nights fast although I never find I need them. :cool:
Good tip.

Anyone do this ? Trying to motivate myself to get up earlier a few times a week and do a few miles before work as I can never be bothered after work. Any tips ?

yes, don't say to your yourself that you're gonna do 5 miles miles or whatever, just say a mile, thats easier to get in your head, then when you're out you will not stop at a mile

Wish i could make the effort to do that, dawn really is the best part of the day. Am not a morning person tho!!
I was wide awake and had put my gear out the night before. As soon as my shorts were on I knew I was going out. Once I was out it was lovely, the light was fantastic.
Might do an early one tomorrow to avoid the rain.

10k this morning. Up at 5:15, shite, pint of water, few streches then out. Just me, a few Rabbits and a couple of Poachers. Lovely when the weather is like this.

Nowt better than a nice early morning run when the weathers good like. Up at 5:30 for a 5 miler today. Slow as always but nice to be up and out in the sunshine before work.

10k this morning. Up at 5:15, shite, pint of water, few streches then out. Just me, a few Rabbits and a couple of Poachers. Lovely when the weather is like this.
Same here. I drove to the bridge then ran along the river and along the front. Only 5k but they all count.
Could have sworn I replied to this earlier. Early mornings must be sending me mad.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back