Early Morning Running

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have no probs on a empty stomach got used to it when I was away on tours in army, just get work and had to crack on, I do eat like a horse when im finished me run
I remember one night I went running when I was hungry, I got light headed and dizzy and pace was terrible. But I guess it's up to the person on how they feel. I cycle most days to work so that's enough for me.

I remember one night I went running when I was hungry, I got light headed and dizzy and pace was terrible. But I guess it's up to the person on how they feel. I cycle most days to work so that's enough for me.

I its everyone to there own, everybodys different and need different things to get them to were they want to be, I cannot eat within about 3 hours before a run our I feel a stitch everytime

I tend to do my longer runs early morning on a weekend. Park up by the bridge and run along the front. Normally finished and home by 9 with the whole day ahead of me.
Got out of the habit of running before work but might start it again soon

I used to love going for a run first thing in the morning but works means that I simply haven't got time...I'd have to start my run at half 5 and my living situation means I usually don't get to bed til midnight.

I was using it as a tool to spark my appetite. I'd run about 3k at a fairly high intensity and end up guzzling mountains of food for breakfast, totalling far more than the calories I was burning on the run. It was making getting my surplus every day really easy.

Not doing it at the moment though, lots of late nights due to work mean I just really can't be arsed in the morning (and I'm not a good morning person to begin with).

I pretty much only ever run early morning (well outside anyways)... It's all in my head, but I really struggle to run when people can see me. I imagine them all looking at me and laughing when I pass. Must be some deep rooted issues there that I should probably try an iron out at some point haha!

I love it though, so peaceful!

I pretty much only ever run early morning (well outside anyways)... It's all in my head, but I really struggle to run when people can see me. I imagine them all looking at me and laughing when I pass. Must be some deep rooted issues there that I should probably try an iron out at some point haha!

I used to think that when I first started and was out at 5.30 in the morning. What I soon realised was that nobody knows how far you have run, for all they know you could have covered 20 miles before they see you. If they are walking, you are already better than them because you are running. If they are running, they have been there themselves and know exactly what you are going through.

Wish i could but not a morning person, always struggle on morning runs unless I get up a couple hours earlier. Best time of the day to do it if you can tho.

This is the key point here mate, you are going past them, you've got yourself out on a run and doing more exercise than they are.

I usually do exercise in the morning. Gives you the evening to relax and also I find it's easier to get out of bed if you know you are going for a jog/to the gym rather than work.

I usually drink a pint of water when I wake up to hydrate (I've definitely found that running without taking on water beforehand makes it much harder for myself) and give it 20mins before setting off. I don't eat anything before going as I am quite prone to getting a stitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back