Early Morning Running

Status
Not open for further replies.

boz mccoy

Full Back
Anyone do this ? Trying to motivate myself to get up earlier a few times a week and do a few miles before work as I can never be bothered after work. Any tips ?

Anyone do this ? Trying to motivate myself to get up earlier a few times a week and do a few miles before work as I can never be bothered after work. Any tips ?
I did a lot last year training early in the morning, 6 oclock starts and be home for 8ish, really peaceful and enjoyable to be honest, not done many earlys this year, tip wise just get up and do it soon as your up get ready and go don't think about it our think about being tired you will be fine when your a mile into your run.

I do this a couple of times a week. I get up at 6 and usually head out about half 6. Give myself half an hour to get out of bed, wake up and have some water or a coffee and stretch.

Go out and do 5k normally, occasionally get up a bit earlier and do 9-10k.

I could never just get out of bed, get dressed and go. Going to sleep at a decent time is a must for me, if I lose too much sleep I can never motivate myself to get up and go out.

As above its really peaceful running that early and after a few times the motivation will be there.

If I got up for six I'd have to be out for 6.15, and back before 7 that's my main problem. Might give it a go tomorrow morning

As a few have said , think you need to factor in that half hour to wake up before heading out. I love running but can't jump out of bed and head straight out . . I'd need a shite after a mile or two :)

I try to run on a morning, when i do i set my alarm for 5am instead of 6am, and go out for about an hour and a half.

Its getting hard to get out of bed these days mind, losing all motivation to run :(

Been every morning this week mate,is hard to get up at first,but gets easier more you do it and you definitely feel a lot better for doing it.

Should be easier now summer is here.

I bottled it this morning, aiming for tomorrow morning since I'm off work. Don't think I could stomach eating anything before I go running as I'm not that hungry as soon as I wake up

I can, but it's only a few miles, half hearted.

im ok when im out in the mornings, 1st few mile are slow as im still half asleep but usually mile 4-10 if im traing for anything are decent enough normal training pace, when the suns out early morning it really is a treat with the peace and quite.

im ok when im out in the mornings, 1st few mile are slow as im still half asleep but usually mile 4-10 if im traing for anything are decent enough normal training pace, when the suns out early morning it really is a treat with the peace and quite.
I would need some food for that long. Or a big tea the day before!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back