Early leavers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously people can leave when they want.

I just don't understand it now. I could understand last season and the season before when the players and manager didn't care but this team and manager are a proper team who deserve to be cheered off after the game.

You wouldn't leave the cinema before the end of a good film? Same for a good gig. Just stay the extra few minutes to the end or do people just need to manage their time better?
And Methven has commentated on it as well

You've embarrassed yourself there man

And those Southern bells are our benchmark are they:rolleyes:

And that's your reason for leaving early? Nobody would argue that grafting 40 hrs is harder than a game of football but that's not the discussion point here is it?

It was a simple observation :rolleyes: No suggestion of a benchmark. :rolleyes:

I just don't understand it now. I could understand last season and the season before when the players and manager didn't care but this team and manager are a proper team who deserve to be cheered off after the game.

You wouldn't leave the cinema before the end of a good film? Same for a good gig. Just stay the extra few minutes to the end or do people just need to manage their time better?
Surely you wouldn’t go to see a film at the cinema if it finished at lets say 5 o clock and you were due at work or somewhere else for 4:45?

Marra , because their support in the last 5-10 minutes could help the players play better.
If folk want to leave, course they can. Lots will have a valid reason.
On Saturday it didn’t matter, but games when we’re drawing or losing by 1, could the ‘better’ support of fans staying help the team?
Imo , of course. That’s why the crowd can be an extra man.
Early leavers , imo, cost the team several points a season. That should infuriate all of us who love the club

With all respect mate you missing my point! You mentioned it again 'lots will have valid reason'

It puzzles me why they need a valid reason it really does.

I am not disagreeing with you that fans support help players play better of course it does.

But surely is has to be taken into account what shit the fans have put up with for a very long time over 5 or 6 years and they owe the club fuck all.

In fact I look at it the other way. its amazing after all the shit on display that the club is getting soo may fans turning up in the first place, and the fans who turn up in their thousands should be appaulded from the roof tops not criticised for leaving at bit early.

These fans do love the club that's the only reason they still going to watch Sunderland against the likes of Rochdale! taken into account all the shit on the field in recent years.

People on this thread going on about the club has a too many fans leaving early.

How about looking at the postives how many clubs would have as many fans as us watching a team in League One?

And you are an embarassment to the club.. Why the hell bother going when you can't even be arsed to watch the game?

Sorry mate to call any Sunderland fan a embarrassment, who continues to support and attend matches and pay their money to the club after the shit of the last 5 years is complete and utter crap

Last edited:
Perhaps he moans because he understands how important it is for the future of the club to have a full and vibrant stadium..
Exactly

;)

Methven is a right moany bugger to be fair, moans about people watching it in the pub and then when people actually choose to pay their ticket money and turn up at the ground he moans if they decide to leave a bit early ;)
;)

With all respect mate you missing my point! You mentioned it again 'lots will have valid reason'

It puzzles me why they need a valid reason it really does.

I am not disagreeing with you that fans support help players play better of course it does.

But surely is has to be taken into account what shit the fans have put up with for a very long time over 5 or 6 years and they owe the club fuck all.

In fact I look at it the other way. its amazing after all the shit on display that the club is getting soo may fans turning up in the first place, and the fans who turn up in their thousands should be appaulded from the roof tops not criticised for leaving at bit early.

These fans do love the club that's the only reason they still going to watch Sunderland against the likes of Rochdale! taken into account all the shit on the field in recent years.

People on this thread going on about the club has a too many fans leaving early.

How about looking at the postives how many clubs would have as many fans as us watching a team in League One?

Sorry mate to call any Sunderland fan a embarrassment, who continues to support and attend matches and pay their money to the club after the shit of the last 5 years is complete and utter crap
10,000 all off for a meal?
You quote last 4-5 years, I'm calling for support this season as the new owners try and turn the short mess around.

Exactly - again

Last edited:
Exactly

;)

;)

You quote last 4-5 years, I'm calling for support this season as the new owners try and turn the short mess around.

1. Once again reason is irrevlant don't need one it's their money can leave when they want, I am surprised them 10,000 are still going full stop, shows their love for the club to still go.

2 Its already amazing this club after the last 4-5 years are getting the current support they are.

Exactly

;)

;)

Exactly - again

Which is exactly what we have this season. On course for the highest average gate in the history of this division and all away games sold out. This, along with very little whingeing thus far.
Some people leave before the end as happens in every single ground in the country.

It looks shite, and when the players have played a really good match, or are fighting hard for a point or three, it’s a bit disrespectful imo. It pisses me off to see it, but people are free to make their own choices so short of locking the doors until the full time whistle, I don’t see anything that can be done.

Which is exactly what we have this season. On course for the highest average gate in the history of this division and all away games sold out. This, along with very little whingeing thus far.
Some people leave before the end as happens in every single ground in the country.
Some?

It looks shite, and when the players have played a really good match, or are fighting hard for a point or three, it’s a bit disrespectful imo. It pisses me off to see it, but people are free to make their own choices so short of locking the doors until the full time whistle, I don’t see anything that can be done.
This

Said it before, the club need to do some research into why people do it. If it's just because they want a pint then there's nothing anyone can do about it. Some, however, might have reasons the club can try and work with. Does the park and ride system need looking at, could they speak to the council about the parking restrictions? As we've seen from this thread people won't stop doing it just because others moan.

I've mentioned that I stay till the end but that I'm one who goes down before half time for a pint. I could easily tell the club why. I want a drink at half time but the service is so slow that if I wait until the whistle I often don't get served until the players are coming out for the second half. If they sorted that I'd stay in my seat till the whistle, maybe it's the same with early leavers, some might stay if some minor change was made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back