Dying and beyond

• Thread starter Deleted member 15970
  • Start date
Aye agreed mate.
No more work, no more nagging etc etc.
Me mar is one of them heed the balls. I was lying in hospital with a tube in every hole and she put it down to a broken aura. She fixed my aura with the gypsy shit and I got better. Nowt to do with the surgical team and surgeons stopping my brain from bleeding. The lifetime of medication and check ups.
But if you ask her it was her.
I might test her faith and tell her I’m stopping the tablets. :lol:

Flicked through the last one. Utter nonsense. Our "soul" is our consciousness and that can be profoundly altered by a small tumour pressing on our brain or a trauma to the brain. Read "Do No Harm" by Henry Marsh and a simple modern book on neuroscience and you might change your mind about this medieval claptrap.

I've read a book about this called "We don't die" it's by George Anderson.
Accordng to the writer, our spirit goes to another world, where we are met by an already departed friend or family members who act as our guides in this other world.
If those who pass away had strong Christian beliefs or have faith in God, then they will enter onto a higher level in this other world.
The stronger your faith in God, the more learned you become until eventually you reach the highest level and become a guide to the newly departed.
If any family ot friends pray for you, then this also helps you to go on to another higher level.
Those who have passed away and comitted real evil in their lifetime (Hitler for example) will always stay at the very bottom level and will never go on to a higher level.
There is more but I won't comment as this could cause some people some upset.
These are NOT my views.
This is what I've read in tbe book mentioned in this post.

Well that’s just a load of religiously biased shite to be perfectly honest, made up by someone who is scared of dying.

I watched them. I think the take away message is have a "good death" without fear if you can.
My own 'belief hope, desire, expectation, delusion' call it what you will, is in reincarnation after exposure to one's own revealed karma and I try to live in accordance with that's how it will be. If I'm wrong doesn't matter.

Luminous Emptiness (on the Tibetan book of the dead ) is a good book on the subject.

Flicked through the last one. Utter nonsense. Our "soul" is our consciousness and that can be profoundly altered by a small tumour pressing on our brain or a trauma to the brain. Read "Do No Harm" by Henry Marsh and a simple modern book on neuroscience and you might change your mind about this medieval claptrap.

Do No Harm is excellent one of the best books I have read in that genre

Well that’s just a load of religiously biased shite to be perfectly honest, made up by someone who is scared of dying.
They are just bits I can remember from the book I mentioned in my earlier post.
It's a good read and thought provoking.
I was recommended it, to help me through my Dads death some years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where do your thoughts and memories go?
in the cloud...

I look at this way.....animals die, trees die, fish die, birds die.....do they come back in some sort of spirit, no. we're just another species made up of roughly the same material etc....we have a higher intelligence, but that doesn't make us in any way different chemically...when you die, you die. Heartbreaking when I think of loved ones who've passed away, but I've accepted the reality.

I think people's own self importance and fear creates a belief in the afterlife/reincarnation etc. "I'm too special to not exist :( " You're not, you're just a slightly more intelligent monkey and death will be just like before you were born - nothing.

Hold on. If we are all reincarnated, many times over, when did we first appear.
If you can come back as something else, a dolphin or a whale, why bother with pairing up all the animals 2x2 in the Ark ?
And surely you wouldn't need them on the ark anyway, because they'd manage fine in the flood.

Back