Dying and beyond

• Thread starter Deleted member 15970
  • Start date

I was in a place called srebrenica back in the 90s. Approximately 13,000 people massacred through ethnic cleansing, absolutely messy, no way any of the dead folk I clocked were coming back anytime soon.

in the cloud...

I look at this way.....animals die, trees die, fish die, birds die.....do they come back in some sort of spirit, no. we're just another species made up of roughly the same material etc....we have a higher intelligence, but that doesn't make us in any way different chemically...when you die, you die. Heartbreaking when I think of loved ones who've passed away, but I've accepted the reality.

This... We are just another species. No different to any other animal on the planet apart from higher intelligence. We are far more aware of death than any other animal which makes many of us scared of dying. Heaven and all that nonsense is made up to make us feel better about dying. I would love it to be true like but realistically its all bollocks.

People's thoughts about their afterlife are determined by their beliefs.

I just enjoyed Pratchett's version that people get what they believe, not what they necessarily deserve etc
on the one hand it requires some fortitude to think you have been a shit all your life but will go on to elysium in those last moments
then there is the idea that whatever is in your mind when you die is eternal

personally I do not believe in an afterlife etc
we do not disappear but just change to other matter so can help a tree grow etc
and we of course live on in memory

I just enjoyed Pratchett's version that people get what they believe, not what they necessarily deserve etc
on the one hand it requires some fortitude to think you have been a shit all your life but will go on to elysium in those last moments

I like your last statement....helping stuff grow, almost gives death purpose..

It's an interesting concept. Never read any Pratchett

Fuck all. It’ll be the same as before we were born.

In all fairness, I think the human brain finds the idea of simply not being conscious of their own existence quite hard to fathom and scary. It’s one of those things you’ve lied awake and thought about at night.

Ultimately though, once you’ve kicked the bucket it won’t matter.

Should be by their deeds. Plenty of wrong'uns have acceptable beliefs but act in a different manner.

yes but at crunch time, when they are shifting off their mortal coil, they know the balance of it... so many death bed confesssions etc my own grandfather signed over everything he had to the church on his deathbed... never mind his 6 motherless children
Oscar Wilde turned Catholic
all that bites them in the arse when they face death

At death, the spirit will leave the body. The physical part of the organism ceases to function, but life and personality go on.

The individual spirit is immortal, making death not a significant worry. The spirit acquires another body necessary for growth and survival. To achieve an individual's true identity is our primary goal.

Salvation is achieved through “clearing” engrams and implant, the source of human misery, through the auditing process. Salvation is limited to the current life and there is no final salvation or damnation.

Life is a not a one-shot deal. There is only the eternal return of life after life. The individual comes back. We have a responsibility for what goes on today since we will experience it tomorrow.

So in the year 1 AD the worlds population was estimated at 200 million. Today its nearly 8 billion. Where do all these other souls come from? Can spirits end up on different planets? Dimensions? Planes of existence? Other creatures? Not taking the piss, just pointing out some questions this raises.

So in the year 1 AD the worlds population was estimated at 200 million. Today its nearly 8 billion. Where do all these other souls come from? Can spirits end up on different planets? Dimensions? Planes of existence? Other creatures? Not taking the piss, just pointing out some questions this raises.
there was life before 1ad

No idea mate, go to you local dianetics centre and ask them.

I've read a book about this called "We don't die" it's by George Anderson.
Accordng to the writer, our spirit goes to another world, where we are met by an already departed friend or family members who act as our guides in this other world.
If those who pass away had strong Christian beliefs or have faith in God, then they will enter onto a higher level in this other world.
The stronger your faith in God, the more learned you become until eventually you reach the highest level and become a guide to the newly departed.
If any family ot friends pray for you, then this also helps you to go on to another higher level.
Those who have passed away and comitted real evil in their lifetime (Hitler for example) will always stay at the very bottom level and will never go on to a higher level.
There is more but I won't comment as this could cause some people some upset.
These are NOT my views.
This is what I've read in tbe book mentioned in this post.

That's basically the Spiritualist belief. Even if you're incredibly evil you pass onto the next world where you're suddenly no longer a total wanker. Looked up the author and he's a "medium", quelle surprise.

My parents and especially my dad are into spiritualism; as far as I'm concerned when you're dead that's it, no afterlife, no heaven or hell, it's just like permanently unplugging a computer.

Last edited:
yes but at crunch time, when they are shifting off their mortal coil, they know the balance of it... so many death bed confesssions etc my own grandfather signed over everything he had to the church on his deathbed... never mind his 6 motherless children
Oscar Wilde turned Catholic
all that bites them in the arse when they face death

When the shit hits the fan the fall back is nonsense they learned as a child. Just the brain's maladapted coping strategy and a no loss gamble (if you don't give a fuck about your kids)

I've watched the videos and still think they don't really know what happens when people die, they are taking a bit of a leap of faith imo and it could be quite dangerous spouting bollocks like that.

Back