Durham vs Sussex - T20 1/4 Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopefully we should have Wood available though, obviosuly having stokes would have been a huge boost, but dont think Sussex have any additional players coming back?

13 Man Squad Named

Squad vs Sussex Sharks (24 August)
Tom Latham (c), Graham Clark, Paul Collingwood, Will Smith, Ryan Davies, Ryan Pringle, Scott Steel, Stuart Poynter (wk), Nathan Rimmington, Mark Wood, Barry McCarthy, Chris Rushworth, Ben Whitehead

Durham Jets head coach Jon Lewis has named a 13-man squad to face Sussex Sharks in tomorrow night’s Vitality Blast quarter-final at Emirates Riverside (6:30pm start).

Tom Latham will again captain the side ahead of the first quarter-final to be staged in the North East since 2008, which ended in victory over Glamorgan.

The Jets are aiming for a second Finals Day appearance in three years, but first must overcome a Sussex side with three straight Vitality Blast wins.

Mark Wood, who played a huge part in the run to the final in 2016, is expected to play but Ben Stokes has not been made available by England. He has a left knee niggle but has been named in the squad for the fourth Test match against India starting next week.

James Weighell (broken hand) & Liam Trevaskis (glandular fever) miss out, while new signings Alex Lees & Axar Patel are not eligible to play in T20s. All-rounder Scott Steel is named in the 13.

https://www.durhamccc.co.uk/news-and-media/lewis-names-13-for-sharks-showdown/

Brings back memories of the final. Stokes batting but not bowling.

Hope a different result as we had north hants 9 for 3 but no stokes to back up wood that night

So all of a sudden he's now fit to play. ECB clowns are an embarrassment to the game. "Oh he can't play for Durham they have an important game"... "Oh we now have a contest against India, let's pretend we are doing Durham a favour and let him now play". Absolutely hideous from the ECB, wait until we've named a 13 man squad and prepared etc then say "oh Stokes can play now". Clowns!!! Anyway Haway The Lads

13 Man Squad Named

Squad vs Sussex Sharks (24 August)
Tom Latham (c), Graham Clark, Paul Collingwood, Will Smith, Ryan Davies, Ryan Pringle, Scott Steel, Stuart Poynter (wk), Nathan Rimmington, Mark Wood, Barry McCarthy, Chris Rushworth, Ben Whitehead

Durham Jets head coach Jon Lewis has named a 13-man squad to face Sussex Sharks in tomorrow night’s Vitality Blast quarter-final at Emirates Riverside (6:30pm start).

Tom Latham will again captain the side ahead of the first quarter-final to be staged in the North East since 2008, which ended in victory over Glamorgan.

The Jets are aiming for a second Finals Day appearance in three years, but first must overcome a Sussex side with three straight Vitality Blast wins.

Mark Wood, who played a huge part in the run to the final in 2016, is expected to play but Ben Stokes has not been made available by England. He has a left knee niggle but has been named in the squad for the fourth Test match against India starting next week.

James Weighell (broken hand) & Liam Trevaskis (glandular fever) miss out, while new signings Alex Lees & Axar Patel are not eligible to play in T20s. All-rounder Scott Steel is named in the 13.

Lewis names 13 for Sharks showdown | Durham County Cricket Club

Lets hope that Trevaskis' glandular fever is the mildest form of the virus.

So all of a sudden he's now fit to play. ECB clowns are an embarrassment to the game. "Oh he can't play for Durham they have an important game"... "Oh we now have a contest against India, let's pretend we are doing Durham a favour and let him now play". Absolutely hideous from the ECB, wait until we've named a 13 man squad and prepared etc then say "oh Stokes can play now". Clowns!!! Anyway Haway The Lads

Perhaps Botham pointed out the error of their ways to them.:eek:

Last edited:
Looks like that lot ovver t'ill will be there. Meaning I won't be able to stomach finals day apart from the SF they're not involved in. I really enjoy finals day usually but it spoils it for me when they're there.

Shite season. When's it over?

Looks like that lot ovver t'ill will be there. Meaning I won't be able to stomach finals day apart from the SF they're not involved in. I really enjoy finals day usually but it spoils it for me when they're there.

Shite season. When's it over?

Lancs 13-2 and Milne bowling 91mph. And the pitch is turning. You never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back