Durham vs Sussex - T20 1/4 Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
ECB are the ruling body of cricket and as such they'll come in for criticism. Justifiably so imo.
Scheduling CC games at the beginning and end of the season has a detrimental effect on the development of potential England players. When white ball cricket was played mainly on Sundays it proved very popular .
Whether the hundred will be a success or not is debatable but surely the ECB's initial marketing is shameful.?
They're a public body with access to public funds; as such they should be open and accountable. They persistently refused to reveal which ruling they applied in imposing the sanctions on Durham. The £5million donation to Glamorgan was only revealed when Glamorgan 's accounts were published .
How can an organization maintain credibility when the supposedly independent chairman is owed £20m by one of the member clubs.
They get the blame for everything in cricket because they get most decisions in cricket wrong.

The sanctions thing I've moved on from that, I've dismissed that excuse numerous times on here. The "not allowed" to bowl is a separate issue, you don't keep pinging throws to the wicket keeper at the force and accuracy Stokes was doing last night if you have an injury stopping you from bowling. Im just not buying into that at all, but the club are powerless as are all other clubs. Enjoyed the T20 campaign and me and the wife aren't the biggest fans of the T20 but everyone at the club have made a massive effort this year and we've enjoyed it
Interestingly Ian Ward has just commented that Stokes was limping most noticeably at the back end of yesterday's game.

Last edited:

ECB are the ruling body of cricket and as such they'll come in for criticism. Justifiably so imo.
Scheduling CC games at the beginning and end of the season has a detrimental effect on the development of potential England players. When white ball cricket was played mainly on Sundays it proved very popular .
Whether the hundred will be a success or not is debatable but surely the ECB's initial marketing is shameful.?
They're a public body with access to public funds; as such they should be open and accountable. They persistently refused to reveal which ruling they applied in imposing the sanctions on Durham. The £5million donation to Glamorgan was only revealed when Glamorgan 's accounts were published .
How can an organization maintain credibility when the supposedly independent chairman is owed £20m by one of the member clubs.
They get the blame for everything in cricket because they get most decisions in cricket wrong.

Interestingly Ian Ward has just commented that Stokes was limping most noticeably at the back end of yesterday's game.
They have zero credibility as far as I'm concerned. Rotten corrupt organisation. Must admit I didn't notice Stokes limping and I can't recall anyone on here mentioning it either. Did the comms team mention it last night?? Seems odd mentioning it a day later

Well they haven't got in wrong with the current England teams imo.

They have possibly the best one day side they have ever had! Current favourites for the World Cup next year

They also have a brilliant exciting T20 side that again is as good as they have had imo.

The test side are currently beating the No 1 side in the world (agreeably in our conditions), but either way they are one of the top sides in the world.

Yeah the overall picture for the National side is good.

They have zero credibility as far as I'm concerned. Rotten corrupt organisation. Must admit I didn't notice Stokes limping and I can't recall anyone on here mentioning it either. Did the comms team mention it last night?? Seems odd mentioning it a day later
He did limp after an attempt to take a running in catch at long on. Commentators did mention it, when it happened

Well they haven't got in wrong with the current England teams imo.

They have possibly the best one day side they have ever had! Current favourites for the World Cup next year

They also have a brilliant exciting T20 side that again is as good as they have had imo.

The test side are currently beating the No 1 side in the world (agreeably in our conditions), but either way they are one of the top sides in the world.

Yeah the overall picture for the National side is good.
True but that's a small body appointed by and accountable to Strauss who is undoubtedly a knowledgeable and thoroughly decent guy. Yeh, they got one albeit important decision correct in appointing Strauss.

It’s disgusting that the ECB have paid Ian Ward to spout their propaganda. I know what I saw!!!

Note for his lawyers: I’m taking the piss
I saw ward having a cheeky smoke behind the Don Robson a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back