Durham v Notts (A) Bob Willis Trophy

We've been utter shite this season after starting to look a decent team at the back end of last season.

Is Salisbury injured? While I'm by no means his greatest fan he seems to have the ability to bowl lengthy economical spells whereas Carse is an expensive impact bowler. Harte and Coughlin are just too dibbly dobbly to worry a set batsman.
I think Marty or someone said Coughlin was bowling pretty fast in the previous game. He always looks like he has a good smooth action, but sadly he always looks pretty ineffective. Just an opinion but I'm getting tired of waiting for him to 'develop'.

Always liked Salisbury and I reckon far more effective than either Potts, Coughlin or Carse, at this stage of their respective developments.

If these two keep going Scotty might have to wait for his debut second time around next season.
Put the kids of death on that partnership.

maybe we can bat him down at 8 and see if he can work his way up again?
50 for Dickson.Get the pies in 😀 Blast from the past with a mention of Doug Hudson from Marty

great to see, dickson was looking a poor signing based on his start, hope he can kick on

Cracking fightback from the lads today mind, which has to give everyone heart that these lads have got more than enough fight in them no matter what next season brings.

Notts were 407-5 at one point, a lead of 113 and eyeing getting that up beyond 200 I’d think - half an hour later we were batting and suddenly the pitch looked completely benign.

Momentum is huge in cricket and we certainly earned a huge shift of it our way this afternoon.

Not out of the woods of course and we’ll probably have to bat atleast two sessions tomorrow to save the game - only two results possible now unfortunately so it means we remain winless in 2020.

Interested though to see Rushy going for his maiden Championship century tomorrow :cool:

Last edited:
I think Marty or someone said Coughlin was bowling pretty fast in the previous game. He always looks like he has a good smooth action, but sadly he always looks pretty ineffective. Just an opinion but I'm getting tired of waiting for him to 'develop'.

Always liked Salisbury and I reckon far more effective than either Potts, Coughlin or Carse, at this stage of their respective developments.
no point in trying to bowl fast on the current puddings of pitches. Salisbury certainly,he's never let us down. Carse can be effective in the right conditions - never rated the 27 year old "promising" Coughlin.

At what stage do Durham declare and set Notts a tempter or do they graft all day and shake hands around 5.00pm ?🤔

Unless Notts feed us runs in the afternoon, there’s no chance of that.

Imagine both sides will be glad of the early lowse, plus it’ll be 16:20 with the early start and ‘false’ declaration ;)

Last edited:

Back