Durham v Notts (A) Bob Willis Trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before the first match against Yorkshire I thought we had a stronger seam attack than them but in all 5 matches I think we have been out bowled by the opposition.
The inadequacies of the batting gets a lot of attention but the bowling has been poor in this competition.
Agreed. We usually depend on our bowlers to make up for the 150 runs short we are. Remove Rushy for the attack and it’s powder puff

Agreed. We usually depend on our bowlers to make up for the 150 runs short we are. Remove Rushy for the attack and it’s powder puff
Yea. Only Rushy, Salisbury and Raine have taken more wicket than they have played matches.

Potts I thought has maybe showed potential but Coggers and Carse are not doing well by a long chalk. Paul Coughlin is disappointing, he's of an age now when he should be one of the mainstays of the team but he's more of a passenger, sadly.

I take the point about spending a lot of time injured and it's a fair point, I recall that Onions was playing test cricket, was injured and out for a year, the year he came back his form wasn't good but the year after he was as good as he'd ever been.

Yea. Only Rushy, Salisbury and Raine have taken more wicket than they have played matches.

Potts I thought has maybe showed potential but Coggers and Carse are not doing well by a long chalk. Paul Coughlin is disappointing, he's of an age now when he should be one of the mainstays of the team but he's more of a passenger, sadly.

I take the point about spending a lot of time injured and it's a fair point, I recall that Onions was playing test cricket, was injured and out for a year, the year he came back his form wasn't good but the year after he was as good as he'd ever been.

I don’t think people quite realise how close to ending his career the injury he sustained was. Never fulfilled his potential I sort of agree because of the injuries over the years. Durham have to take some blame with the earlier ones... the way things are handled behind the scenes was terrible. He will come good.
natural talent, just needs time.

Last edited:
Absolutely it would, didn't he get kicked out of a Lions squad when it came out?

aye he did

sibley n Lawrence got big 100s

one to keep an eye on but it’s hard to see how anyone gets in doesn’t it now? Times change quickly?

I guess Crawley or pope’s form could fall off the edge of a cliff

aye he did

sibley n Lawrence got big 100s

one to keep an eye on but it’s hard to see how anyone gets in doesn’t it now? Times change quickly?

I guess Crawley or pope’s form could fall off the edge of a cliff
Pope didn't have a great summer (I'm not saying ditch him) and his injury might set him back a bit. Burns needs to get a few scores, maybe see Crawley moving to open and bring someone else in if needed? I'm not saying we should do any of that, but they'd be contingency plans if I was a selector.

Pope didn't have a great summer (I'm not saying ditch him) and his injury might set him back a bit. Burns needs to get a few scores, maybe see Crawley moving to open and bring someone else in if needed? I'm not saying we should do any of that, but they'd be contingency plans if I was a selector.

Aye I agree

We've been utter shite this season after starting to look a decent team at the back end of last season.

Is Salisbury injured? While I'm by no means his greatest fan he seems to have the ability to bowl lengthy economical spells whereas Carse is an expensive impact bowler. Harte and Coughlin are just too dibbly dobbly to worry a set batsman.

Joe Clarke has 17 first class 100s and is only 24 like

Have to think he has a chance at some point, probs would have come if not for his behaviour

He's a real talent like, well behind Crawley & Pope in the queue now though unfortunately for him.
We've been utter shite this season after starting to look a decent team at the back end of last season.

Is Salisbury injured? While I'm by no means his greatest fan he seems to have the ability to bowl lengthy economical spells whereas Carse is an expensive impact bowler. Harte and Coughlin are just too dibbly dobbly to worry a set batsman.

As @bumble2 alluded to, I think its more to do with squad rotation. Not many games and plenty of bowlers in our ranks so making sure they all get a good go without risking burning anyone out - especially given our younger seamers' apparent durability (or lack thereof).
_
Back to this one - Samit getting BIG turn out of the footholes to Lees. He'll do well to survive this.

Last edited:
Borthwick coming home. Surrey all-rounder Borthwick set to rejoin Durham
Salisbury was in the squad for this game (and every FC game this season) and has been evident on screen distributing drinks and sanitiser. Looks fit enough to me. Suspect its all about squad rotation.

Great news that. That said, Surrey fans on another forum said they'd pay his taxi back to CLS, so presume he isn't the player he was. I'd also be concerned at who makes way on the wage bill - hopefully Dickson, he's pony.
Well done Rushy 7 wickets in the innings.

And 500+ wickets for Durham
hopefully Dickson, he's pony.

Will go on and make a ton now ovbiously

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back