Durham v Northants (a) C C.

Logon or register to see this image

Martin Emmerson
@Martycricket
·
1h

Play has been abandoned for the day on day three of NorthantsCCC v
@DurhamCricket
The ground staff say there's still a lot of work to do to get the ground ready for play, well over an hour's work so the umpires have called it for the day.
that was at 3.30. So why didn't they defer a decision until 4.30 when ther'd still have been 24 overs left in the day?

Last edited:
Nice comment from Martin Emmerson there as he was talking about the four day washout against Northants here in 2018 then named the other games where no play was possible in Durham's history as a first class county...then paused...then said...' and of course Surrey this season as well'

Did anyone tweet him to ask if this was the first time ever a ball wasn't bowled due to reasons other than weather?

first

time

ever

97-3 at Lunch. We still lead by 120.

Dubious lbw verdict saw to Keogh, but going off what they said on commentary it made up for one that was absolutely plumb from Potts’ bowling which wasn’t given.

Gerrin!

Zaib c Eckersley b Potts 6.

Plays at one he didn’t need to, Potts bowling over the wicket to the left handed and taking the ball away from him, gets the edge.

102-4 - deficit still 115.
————
Gerrin again!!

Rossington c Bedingham b Potts 4.

Pushed forward to a lovely delivery in the corridor, touch extra bounce, genuine edge, taken at first slip.

108-5, deficit still 109.

Last edited:
RUSHY :cool::cool::cool:

Gouldstone b Rushworth 2.

ABSOLUTE SNORTER :lol: Swung in a touch, then went away off the seam to beat the forward push. Looked for all the world like he’d nick it behind, he missed it and the off bail went up in the air behind him!

111-6 - deficit is still 106.
We are division one standard easily

one of the better sides about at the minute on my view

really impressed with what Durham are doing, after being initially uncertain
We’ll be top tonight (iirc) of the second ‘division’ if Surrey continue to frustrate Essex and snatch a draw.

So you’re right, in effect 7th in the Championship.

Last edited:
We are division one standard easily

one of the better sides about at the minute on my view

really impressed with what Durham are doing, after being initially uncertain
I think you're right ... in a sense I think they are a better bunch of players than their finishing positions in all three comps suggest. Not that I'm complaining - I think it bodes well for next season.

Back