Durham v Durham University

Pre season in SA was organised and booked before anybody realised that the Uni game was going to be so early, the club tried to change it but couldn't. Hence why 5 flew back and the rest stayed to play a 50 over game (which Durham won convincingly with some stand out performances). Scorecard - WebSports Live Scoring Platform

Great bowling from Salisburg, is he the Saffer opening bowler we’ve signed on the tour?!

Interested to know (not that we’re likely to find out mind) what the selection criteria was for who came home and who stayed in SA.

Expect Burnham and Clark to play next week at Derby so I would’ve thought they could’ve done with the red ball practice on an English pitch.

Last edited:
Bad that, hope he can come back for the Derbyshire opener - but it’s a strange and nasty thing concussion.

That’s what I was told Friday anyway, its why one or 2 came back earlier from South Africa. Think he retired hurt in the Yorkshire game after a delivery from that Olivier.

Hopefully as you say he’s alright for Derbyshire game, as with no Bancroft we look canny light up there.

Do you say that for all the shit players when they get a score

Welcome to the new season Chops :lol:

A bit nerdish but I wonder so asked.....
Q: "Are MCC University matches First Class"
A: "Yes, all six universities play two first-class matches a year against county opposition. They also play an additional fixture against a county which does not have first-class status. The county fixtures last for three days."

So if you're a bit nerdish and wondered there's your answer.

Back