Durham v Durham University

University system was knackered by the academy set ups. Most of the talented teenage cricketers who have the educational qualification to go to uni decide to by pass uni these days and go straight into a county set up.

University system was knackered by the academy set ups. Most of the talented teenage cricketers who have the educational qualification to go to uni decide to by pass uni these days and go straight into a county set up.
Maybe but the Universities and Counties should work hand in hand. Our Academy products should be encouraged to enrol at University, still be able to represent the county for the majority of the season, and have something to fall back on when their cricket career, whether it be short or long,finishes. Can't think of anyone who has come directly from Durham UCCE to Durham CCC. Smith and Steel came from other counties.

Whey nor man, nights are getting longer Red - I’m getting excited now like, cricket season is nearly here :cool:

Hope to get down for one of the days cause I’ve got a bit time off next week.
The smell of freshly mown grass in the nostrils, nights getting lighter, days slowly getting warmer, I'm reaching for my Outside Edge box set and becoming slightly delirious.

Someone gonna start a CC thread?

Ollie Pope 183* out against MCC, including Broad.

Have to think he is the next in line, scored heavily for a while, probably needs to come in lower down I guess, looks a hell of a talent.

Durham’s 13 man squad:

Alex Lees, Gareth Harte, Ross Greenwell, Will Smith, Stuart Poynter (wk), Ryan Pringle, Ben Raine, Josh Coughlin, Luke Doneathy, George Harding, Nathan Rimmington, Chris Rushworth, Oliver Gibson

Why is the SA continuing for certain members of the squad? Has a reason been given?

Durham’s 13 man squad:

Alex Lees, Gareth Harte, Ross Greenwell, Will Smith, Stuart Poynter (wk), Ryan Pringle, Ben Raine, Josh Coughlin, Luke Doneathy, George Harding, Nathan Rimmington, Chris Rushworth, Oliver Gibson

Why is the SA continuing for certain members of the squad? Has a reason been given?

Are the remaining 12 in South Africa not playing a game against a local side before flying back?

Back