Durham pre-season

Parkside

Winger
According to interview with Franklin in CricketPaper March schedule will be fortnight's indoor nets at Riverside followed by 12 days in South Africa with friendlies v Yorkies and Notts.

How long is it since we went on a proper overseas pre-season tour? Excellent news, guaranteed proper practice (hope we're playing decent opposition out there).

According to interview with Franklin in CricketPaper March schedule will be fortnight's indoor nets at Riverside followed by 12 days in South Africa with friendlies v Yorkies and Notts.
I wonder if Benkenstein was involved. He’s coaching back there now isn’t he?

Regular readers will know my views on preparation. This should give the lads a good chance of hitting the ground running. Just a shame we have to play the students :confused:

Regular readers will know my views on preparation. This should give the lads a good chance of hitting the ground running. Just a shame we have to play the students :confused:
love a bit of sunshine watching us stuff a team, not fussed who it is.

i repeat, sunshine, not snow

Wonderful news. What about Stokesy? With early season One Day games, will we see him (and the other England stars) involved in order to get his eye in for the World Cup?

Wonderful news. What about Stokesy? With early season One Day games, will we see him (and the other England stars) involved in order to get his eye in for the World Cup?
Centrally contracted England players contracted to IPL have to be back for 25th April. Durham still have 5 RL50 games remaining after that date.
England's 1st warm up World Cup game is 25th May.

Last edited:

Back