Durham players abroad this winter

from when I saw him playing for Sacriston he always looked good pace. He then one year was told he wasn’t allowed to bowl which was always strange because he’s good at all formats so no clue why he’d be limited. He looks like he’s developing into a very handy cricketer so hopefully Durham can keep hold of him by giving him plenty of opportunities next season
I also guess Doneathy is staying in sunny Durham this winter to work on his fitness as I see he’s signed a new contract today & was a real shame he wasn’t allowed to play this season due to standards
Where have you heard this about not playing because of standards?

Where have you heard this about not playing because of standards?
Was in one of the forums a while back think during the one day comp.
Was in one of the forums a while back think during the one day comp.
Believe it was either his 2000m time or his skinfolds were not up the standard of Franklins fitness plans.
I find it stupid how they let something like them prevent a youngster playing. Strongly believe there’s a massive difference between being fit and being match fit.

Last edited:
He's a great all round cricketer. Given our lack of bowlers, we shall see. I just hope he gets more chances next year
Hope you are right about his all round abilities as i have said i have seen very little of his bowling but opening the bowling in 1st grade cricket is no bad effort especially as a young Pom on debut. Genuine all rounders are like gold dust on the county circuit so hopefully he smashes it in Perth this winter.

Bushnell didn't bowl for a few years as they rated his batting incredibly highly, so didn't want to risk injury by bowling much. Stupid IMO as his bowling offers a lot. Was nothing to do with contracts.

On the one hand yes, on the other hand look at the state of so many bowlers currently (coughlin, carse) who've spent more of their career here injured than fit, Harrison, weighell and more ok the past, macalindon getting a bad one end of the season, young bowlers can get fucked. Possibly add Burnham to that. Obviously other factors at play mind with him

Bushnell made his debut for Scarborough C. C. In Perth grade cricket this weekend. He batted at 6 and made 10. Interesting he opened the bowling taking a wicket. The match continues next Saturday.

Crawshaw at the same club this winter but didn't play this weekend.
Game completed today Scarborough win an Bushnell figures 3/54 off 23 overs. Good effort and bowled plenty of overs.

Not such a good weekend for our young tyros in Perth grade cricket this weekend. Bushnell got a 6 ball duck for the first grade. Crawshaw bowled one over and rather more surprising is batting at 8 in the order for the 2nd grade Xl.

Scarborough bowled this weekend against Claremont, Bushnell opened the bowling with again respectable figures of 17/1/54/2.
In the 2nd grade match Scarbrough bowled but if Crawshaw is playing he didn't get a bowl.

After the xmas/new year break grade cricket returned.
Bushnell playing 1st grade made 56 runs and bowling took 1/26 off 6 overs.
Crawshaw playing 2nd grade made a 6 ball duck but toik 3/34 off 10 overs.

Back