Durham Miners Gala

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't read newspapers. I can make my own mind up about Corbyn and he's a (unt along with Abbott and McDonnell

I think he's one of the most genuine, honest, caring politicians we've had in over 20 years.

Plenty cünts in politics, he just isn't one of them quite frankly.

Find it astonishing that a bloke like you can say that about him. He's the most likely politician to fully empathise with you and what's more, to bring in policies that would make your life better.

Last edited:

I think he's one of the most genuine, honest, caring politicians we've had in over 20 years.

Find it astonishing that a bloke like you can say that about him. He's the most likely politician to fully empathise with you and what's more, to bring in policies that would make your life better.
There's none so blind as those that will not see

Yes mate. Werent going to bother with support but think they ran late so caught them
Supporting Frankie and Heartstrings ? If so I was there also. Was blown away by them and immediately got album.
Really looking forward to seeing them again. They're playing Summer Streets festival also in 2 weeks.

That's your opinion. I'll stick with mine about Corbyn and the Labour Party

Sad fucker talking bollocks ( agree with the Abbott bit like)
I'm sad because I don't like Corbyn and McDonnell??? Ok cheers

Last edited:
I kna WHED’s a bit dim but is he seriously suggesting politics has no place at the Big Meeting?
Tin hat in here but i can't see hows its relevant part of a celebration of Northeastern mining heritage either. The bands definately, perhaps displays by mines rescue people, the NCMM (fantastic place by the way) talks by ex miners etc but folks like red len and Corbyn looking to their own standing?

I kna WHED’s a bit dim but is he seriously suggesting politics has no place at the Big Meeting?
Yup. Just don't see the relevance of it, but as I've said it's popular so good luck to those attending. I hope it's sunny and the city of Durham make a fortune.

cutting your nose off to spite your face, Corbyn would look after you better than any of the others
That's your opinion but in entitled to mine and vote for who I want.

Tin hat in here but i can't see hows its relevant part of a celebration of Northeastern mining heritage either. The bands definately, perhaps displays by mines rescue people, the NCMM (fantastic place by the way) talks by ex miners etc but folks like red len and Corbyn looking to their own standing?

Maybe if it was the first time he's been....... It isn't though. He's long supported it and the values it stand for are exactly what he stands for also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly. I played for Westoe from about 1987 until about 2000. I'd never heard it as the big meeting until recently. Is it a Durham saying ?
Must be mate. Started going as a kid (56 now)with Parents/grandparents and always referred to it as "The Big Meeting".

Yup. Just don't see the relevance of it, but as I've said it's popular so good luck to those attending. I hope it's sunny and the city of Durham make a fortune.

That's your opinion but in entitled to mine and vo

always about bloody money and profit with the tory boys. is it all you people think about

i hope that people have a great day out, learn about the history and heritage of the big meeting, that otherwise uneducated folk learn the reason for its existence in the first place, what it stands for and why its important to keep it going. i hope that the people who were brainwashed by the Sun and Daily Mail give Corbyn and Loach a chance, listen to what they are actually saying and fighting for, and realise that their tory votes are misplaced and very dangerous for the future generations, and with the current Labour party, there could be hope for the future. i hope that people come away feeling proud, energised, happy and hopeful. i hope that some people may pick up some literature from the book stands and garner an interest in the Labour movement.

and then, after all of that, i hope that the locals and businesses of Durham welcome the crowds into the city and make themselves a few quid from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back