Durham Cricket League

Durham cricket league is defunct!?

The new Durham & North East Cricket League is as follows:
Division 1 - as defunct DCL division 1
Division 2 - as defunct DCL division 2 except Seaham Harbour included in the place of relegated Langely Park.

Division 3
Langely Park i
Bill quay ii
Durham city ii
South Shields ii
Easington ii
Littletown ii
Whiteleas ii
Murton I
South Hetton I
Beamish I
Wearmouth I

Division 4
Marsden ii
Seaham park ii
Tudhoe ii
Esh winning ii
Horden ii
Hylton ii
Stanhope I
East Rainton i
Burnhope i
Coundon i
Belmont i

Division 5
Ushaw moor ii
Ryhope ii
Dawdon ii
Boldon ca ii
Hunwick ii
Kimblesworth ii
East Rainton ii
Simonside I
Kibblesworth I
Seaham harbour ii
Belmont ii

Division 6
Peterlee ii
Mainsforth ii
Brandon ii
Even wood ii
Langely park ii
Silksworth ii
Burnhope ii
Beamish ii
Murton ii
Tantobie i

The only other amendment being Whiteleas potentially dropping to one team. So unsure of this impact of this yet.
Plus new website and facebook launched yesterday. But website is under development. Facebook was created yesterday due to issues.

Last edited:
Have it somewhere will post in when I can be arsed

It isn’t like you’ve got anything else to do is it :rolleyes:
Durham cricket league is defunct!?

The new Durham & North East Cricket League is as follows:
Division 1 - as defunct DCL division 1
Division 2 - as defunct DCL division 2 except Seaham Harbour included in the place of relegated Langely Park.

Division 3
Langely Park i
Bill quay ii
Durham city ii
South Shields ii
Easington ii
Littletown ii
Whiteleas ii
Murton I
South Hetton I
Beamish I
Wearmouth I

Division 4
Marsden ii
Seaham park ii
Tudhoe ii
Esh winning ii
Horden ii
Hylton ii
Stanhope I
East Rainton i
Burnhope i
Coundon i
Belmont i

Division 5
Ushaw moor ii
Ryhope ii
Dawdon ii
Boldon ca ii
Hunwick ii
Kimblesworth ii
East Rainton ii
Simonside I
Kibblesworth I
Seaham harbour ii
Belmont ii

Division 6
Peterlee ii
Mainsforth ii
Brandon ii
Even wood ii
Langely park ii
Silksworth ii
Burnhope ii
Beamish ii
Murton ii
Tantobie i

The only other amendment being Whiteleas potentially dropping to one team. So unsure of this impact of this yet.
Plus new website and facebook launched yesterday. But website is under development. Facebook was created yesterday due to issues.

Who the fuck decided Brandon II are only worth being in Division 6?! :oops:

Last edited:
It was decided on league placings from the previous year

It isn’t possible to directly compare teams from different leagues in such a way though, because the quality between the DCL and NEDCL was different in a manner not represented in the Division make-up.

It appears to me like they’ve ‘artificially elevated’ teams from the former NEDCL to get/keep them on board.

Last edited:
Our first team are in div 1 did ok so that’s where they stay

Seconds finished near top of div 1 second team league ( after winning league 2 season before ) so that group on go into the higher division

Haven’t a clue where Brandon finished in division 2

It isn’t possible to directly compare teams from different leagues in such a way though, because the quality between the DCL and NEDCL was different in a manner not represented in the Division make-up.

It appears to me like they’ve ‘artificially elevated’ teams from the former NEDCL to get/keep them on board.

Top NEDCL first teams will be decent competition for the top DCL 2s imo.

Everyone will find their level within a tear or two regardless.

Our first team are in div 1 did ok so that’s where they stay

Seconds finished near top of div 1 second team league ( after winning league 2 season before ) so that group on go into the higher division

Haven’t a clue where Brandon finished in division 2

Bottom half of Division Two - but I’d back them to beat the majority of former NEDCL first teams and I mean no disrespect whatsoever by saying that.

Bottom half of Division Two - but I’d back them to beat the majority of former NEDCL first teams and I mean no disrespect whatsoever by saying that.

That’s what the leagues were decided on then

Brandon will be very strong in that league good luck to them ( providing they get a team out ever week :) )

That’s what the leagues were decided on then

Brandon will be very strong in that league good luck to them ( providing they get a team out ever week :) )

I understand that, just think it’s very amateurish organisation. Could take a full decade to sort itself into a proper meritocracy - I worry that some teams will jack it in before then.

Seems like the best solution personally. Clubs placed alongside clubs that are of a similar level.
Plus like to add nothing was done to just keep NEDCL clubs happy. It was a merger of both leagues. Placing one league below the other wouldn't work, not fair on NEDCL clubs that can get a side out being conceded against each week.
It is always going to be difficult merging to organisations, but it sounds like Brandon seconds are the anomaly due to their league placing last year.

Seems like the best solution personally. Clubs placed alongside clubs that are of a similar level.
Plus like to add nothing was done to just keep NEDCL clubs happy. It was a merger of both leagues. Placing one league below the other wouldn't work, not fair on NEDCL clubs that can get a side out being conceded against each week.
It is always going to be difficult merging to organisations, but it sounds like Brandon seconds are the anomaly due to their league placing last year.

Except that hasn’t happened has it? That would’ve meant a relative comparison of the two seperate leagues. In my experience the NEDCL was vastly inferior to the DCL in terms of quality - again, I reiterate I mean no offence by that, just calling it as it is. So I revert back to my original suggestion that in my view NEDCL clubs appear to have been elevated generously above their capability.

Why is that?

As someone has previously mentioned, didn’t Brandon struggle to turn out two teams a few times last season?

Like @NorthCountryBoy stated, it’ll all settle in a few years anyway. I really hope Brandon aren’t one of those clubs that thinks they’re a cut above (DSL type mindset) as I’ll be playing against them this season.

I think your dreaming there mind, if youve finished 4th bottom of Div 2 your gonna struggle to beat most NEDCL 1st teams, your probably Div 5 or pushing 4 mind going off your later season form
I think generally its pretty fair, it will even itself out as there are teams in Div 4 who have essentially been put there as their 1st team where in Div1 so their 2nd team had to be in the highest league. The likes of peterlee are probably too good for Div 6 as well.

Last edited:
There are always issues when you merge leagues but give it two years and teams will find their true level. It’s all for the best in the long run.

Unlikely when only two go up a season and there are divisions where as many as 8 teams are far too low down the structure.

My main worry is that those clubs wrongly elevated above their true standing will end up as whipping boys for a couple of seasons and will end up folding as players get demoralised from losing so often.
I think your dreaming there mind, if youve finished 4th bottom of Div 2 your gonna struggle to beat most NEDCL 1st teams, your probably Div 5 or pushing 4 mind going off your later season form

We’ll see this year and beyond I suspect, until that point it’s all about opinions as neither of us can truly know at this point. However, as I suggested, it’s my firm belief that there are about a dozen teams in higher divisions who aren’t as good as Brandon 2’s will be this year.

Again, it isn’t just Brandon. Look at the likes of Dawdon and Hylton 2’s for example - they’d walk all over half of the teams in the division above and even some teams two above.

I’d love to know what the criteria was.

Last edited:
Unlikely when only two go up a season and there are divisions where as many as 8 teams are far too low down the structure.

My main worry is that those clubs wrongly elevated above their true standing will end up as whipping boys for a couple of seasons and will end up folding as players get demoralised from losing so often.

We’ll see this year and beyond I suspect, until that point it’s all about opinions as neither of us can truly know at this point. However, as I suggested, it’s my firm belief that there are about a dozen teams in higher divisions who aren’t as good as Brandon 2’s will be this year.

Again, it isn’t just Brandon. Look at the likes of Dawdon and Hylton 2’s for example - they’d walk all over half of the teams in the division above and even some teams two above.

I’d love to know what the criteria was.
Are Brandon forking our a fortune this season? I think your comment regarding Dawdon and Hylton 2’s is rather exaggerated mind.

Back