Durham CCC Membership announcement

Is that not just for those who are wanting to take out a new Gold membership for the next 5 seasons?

Also I'm a bit puzzled if you have to specifically name the two 'guests' you plan to bring next season on the application form. I rang the Box Office but of course it's a recorded message saying its closed!
Yeah I rang too, I haven’t nominated anyone so hope it still applies (I filled the form in online)

Have just tried paying for next season using the website. Filled the card details in then pressed submit and nothing happened. No idea what’s happened with the payment. Seems to be some technical problem and the design of the card submission page looks like something some 8 year old knocked up.

The box office also cocked up my membership for this season. I received a receipt in November 2019 stating that my membership had been paid. Only problem was it wasn’t me that paid it. Took it up with the box office and they said it had definitely been paid maybe by a friend or family member. Asked around and no one had paid it. Contacted the club again and they confirmed it was an administrative error that was eventually resolved in February. Think I will just pay with cash in the future as I’m slowly losing confidence in the box office.

Have just tried paying for next season using the website. Filled the card details in then pressed submit and nothing happened. No idea what’s happened with the payment. Seems to be some technical problem and the design of the card submission page looks like something some 8 year old knocked up.

The box office also cocked up my membership for this season. I received a receipt in November 2019 stating that my membership had been paid. Only problem was it wasn’t me that paid it. Took it up with the box office and they said it had definitely been paid maybe by a friend or family member. Asked around and no one had paid it. Contacted the club again and they confirmed it was an administrative error that was eventually resolved in February. Think I will just pay with cash in the future as I’m slowly losing confidence in the box office.
Aye it’s not the best, I have paid (I think) have had no confirmation but will wait until Monday and try contacting them.
Did the screen kind of go dull/hazy, if yes it was because there is one of those verify jobbies further up the screen, I filled it in and the screen cleared so I assumed my payment had gone through, as you say it’s crap basically.

Always the best bet, to physically go and pay, and to pick up tickets etc. This is for durham and probably most sports

i use a online banking app, which shows payments as pending in these instances, which was a great help when I was buying online during lockdown. Had numerous attempts logged but no action. Piece of cake then to get compensation or to ensure a payment does go through

Last edited:
Aye it’s not the best, I have paid (I think) have had no confirmation but will wait until Monday and try contacting them.
Did the screen kind of go dull/hazy, if yes it was because there is one of those verify jobbies further up the screen, I filled it in and the screen cleared so I assumed my payment had gone through, as you say it’s crap basically.

Aye it did go hazy, but I never saw the verify thing as I just left the computer alone and did a few other things. Returned and the hazy screen had cleared so tried again, but nothing happened this time, so I just closed the window and fired off an email to the Box Office. Was worried at one point that this was some sort of on-line scam but as you had a similar experience it doesn't seem to be. All in all it's a pathetic effort.
Always the best bet, to physically go and pay, and to pick up tickets etc. This is for durham and probably most sports

i use a online banking app, which shows payments as pending in these instances, which was a great help when I was buying online during lockdown. Had numerous attempts logged but no action. Piece of cake then to get compensation or to ensure a payment does go through

Unfortunately can't go and physically pay as the Box Office is shut. Checked my bank account on-line and there's nothing pending. But based on VC's comments above it seems my transaction was not completed as I didn't see the verify thing. Have now got the letter through snail mail, so might just use that. Odd thing is there's a return address on the envelope it's: 8 Bridgewater Road, Washington, NE37 2SG. Takes WFH to a new level.

Last edited:
Aye it did go hazy, but I never saw the verify thing as I just left the computer alone and did a few other things. Returned and the hazy screen had cleared so tried again, but nothing happened this time, so I just closed the window and fired off an email to the Box Office. Was worried at one point that this was some sort of on-line scam but as you had a similar experience it doesn't seem to be. All in all it's a pathetic effort.

Unfortunately can't go and physically pay as the Box Office is shut. Checked my bank account on-line and there's nothing pending. But based on VC's comments above it seems my transaction was not completed as I didn't see the verify thing. Have now got the letter through snail mail, so might just use that. Odd thing is there's a return address on the envelope it's: 8 Bridgewater Road, Washington, NE37 2SG. Takes WFH to a new level.
Good luck, that address could be someone working from home for durham

Exactly the same with me - considering they have sent out correspondence requesting the goodwill of the members you would think they would have had someone there to answer queries.
Exactly, I completed the online form but am not convinced I was successful (website is gash) been unable to get any further assistance so am in limbo.

I've just tried completing on the website. It goes hazy and then eventually reverts to the original

Based on earlier comments I'm not convinced anything has happened. Think Im going to have to fall back on the old fashioned post.

Durham Defender - Further reduced fees

All members should now have received a letter from the club explaining the Durham Defender initiative and options for renewal of 2021 memberships.
Within that document we detailed a 20% reduction in membership fees for 2021 if you selected the Durham Defender option. The discount listed on the form is a 20% reduction on the 2021 fee which we have increased slightly – this is incorrect. The reduction we want to provide to members is a 20% reduction based on the 2020 price they paid which then provides an overall reduction of 20% on 2020 fees plus an additional saving as the price is increasing for next season.
The reduced pricing for the Durham Defender option is detailed below along with clarification on the savings available:

MEMBERSHIP TYPEPRICE LISTED ON FORMREVISED DURHAM DEFENDER PRICEEARLY BIRD FOR 2021 FULL PRICE FOR 2021
Full Member£176£168£200 (save £32 on this price with Durham Defender)£220 (save £52 on this price with Durham Defender)
Full Member + Spouse£288£280£330 (save £50 on this price with Durham Defender)£360 (save £80 on this price with Durham Defender)
Senior Member (60+)£132£124£145 (save £21 on this price with Durham Defender)£165 (save £41 on this price with Durham Defender)
Senior Member + Spouse (60+)£216£208£240 (save £32 on this price with Durham Defender)£270 (save £62 on this price with Durham Defender)
Concession Member£132£124£145 (save £21 on this price with Durham Defender)£165 (save £41 on this price with Durham Defender)
Young Person£96£88£105 (save £17 on this with Durham Defender)£120 (save £32 on this with Durham Defender)

Membership cards and yearbooksAny members who have not collected or received their 2020 membership cards and yearbook can now do so from the club box office between 10am and 4pm Monday to Friday. We appreciate many members will not be able to come to the venue at this time. As with previous seasons, we are now able to post yearbooks out for a small postage fee. There are enough yearbooks for all members and they will be able to collect across this season, the winter and next season.

2021 Membership payment
Whilst the deadline for selection of the Durham Defender Initiative is 13 September 2020, payment will not be processed until November. We are not asking members to pay immediately for next seasons membership. Those who pay by Direct Debit will continue to be processed this way unless they indicate otherwise.

Box office
Whilst we have now opened the club box office we are still running with limited staff and limited capacity. There has been huge interest in the Durham Defender initiative which is causing a backlog of calls and emails. We are trying our very best to provide our members with an efficient service and we would like to sincerely apologise for the speed of some of our responses. Our members have been extremely patient and supportive during this time, we do not take this for granted and we will endeavour to increase capacity and response times. Box office opening times are currently 10am-4pm Monday to Friday.

International tickets and refund
There are still a few outstanding refunds being processed. We are in touch with all of those involved to resolve the individual issues. We can confirm international cricket will be returning to Emirates Riverside next season. We hope to have information around next seasons England fixture at Emirates Riverside shortly and we will inform members of the fixture and ticket purchasing process as soon as possible. Purchasers of this year’s international and members will be provided with a priority opportunity ahead of general sale.

looks like you can visit the ground and box office now

Last edited:
Surely a 20% reduction on the 2020 fee of £200 would mean that members like myself who wish to go ahead with the Durham Defender package should be paying £160 and not £168 ?

I havent collected my membership book for this season yet so if I pop along to the Box Office at say, 11am on Monday morning, will I be permitted to have a cheeky peep at the Durham v Derbyshire game (if it hasnt finished of course) or will this incur a fine and ten whacks on the bot with the slipper from the Home Secretary?:eek::eek:

Last edited:
Surely a 20% reduction on the 2020 fee of £200 would mean that members like myself who wish to go ahead with the Durham Defender package should be paying £160 and not £168 ?

I havent collected my membership book for this season yet so if I pop along to the Box Office at say, 11am on Monday morning, will I be permitted to have a cheeky peep at the Durham v Derbyshire game (if it hasnt finished of course) or will this incur a fine and ten whacks on the bot with the slipper from the Home Secretary?:eek::eek:
The full price of membership is £220. 20% of £220= £44. £220-£44=£176 which is the discounted Durham defender price. £200 which you quote is the early bird price which contains a small discount.
Agree though, a little misleading.
And you are getting a free pie and pea supper with Lord Botham🍴

If anyone spies you and queries it, just tell them you were testing your eyesight and you’ll get off with it.

AND, if you can somehow prove that your test has been a success, they’ll probably even ask you to bat number 3.

Back