Durham CCC Membership announcement

If anyone spies you and queries it, just tell them you were testing your eyesight and you’ll get off with it.

AND, if you can somehow prove that your test has been a success, they’ll probably even ask you to bat number 3.

(1) I suppose I could tell them I was looking for the PM.🤔

(2) Durham may be desperate for batsmen but they're not that desperate!😄

Update - Well with it being a sunny day (before the predicted deluge arrives) I had a walk to the ground with my completed Durham Defender application and guess what?....yup the Box Office isnt open even though the email states 10am to 4pm.

As it happened there was a steward on duty who said she would hand the form in which was fair enough but I also had a query and I had intended to collect my 2020 Yearbook as well.

Now I'm lucky as I live in CLS but imagine coming a distance only to find it's been a wasted journey.

Haway man Durham get your fingers out or are you worried Lord Botham's pie and pea supper will be oversubscribed?🤔

Oh and the park was rammed as well and the gym.:evil:

Sorry to be cynical yet again but Iam getting the impression some of these counties are not particularly arsed if nobody can attend championship cricket especially when you see they are happy to reduce the number of championship matches by retaining Bob Willis Trophy.

Sorry to be cynical yet again but Iam getting the impression some of these counties are not particularly arsed if nobody can attend championship cricket especially when you see they are happy to reduce the number of championship matches by retaining Bob Willis Trophy.

After I'd been to the ground I bumped into one of the old regulars who never miss a game and we both said exactly the same!

Has anyone made any progress paying membership fees for next season? The Durham Defender Early Bird offer runs out on 13 September. However it seems that you can’t pay online as the website doesn’t work so that only leaves the postal method. However it seems the Box Office is closed and they aren’t responding to phone enquiries or emails. So are you just supposed to send in a postal application and hope for the best?

Has anyone made any progress paying membership fees for next season? The Durham Defender Early Bird offer runs out on 13 September. However it seems that you can’t pay online as the website doesn’t work so that only leaves the postal method. However it seems the Box Office is closed and they aren’t responding to phone enquiries or emails. So are you just supposed to send in a postal application and hope for the best?

This has been another utter shambles from Durham -they send out more mixed messages than the clowns running the country. See Post No.42 for my experience.

Come on, there’s no need for ridiculous exaggerations like that.....

Of course it was a statement done with tongue firmly in cheek - nothing in this country can compare to that lot in Government when it comes to real incompetence but I'm noticing a real 'couldnt care less' attitude that has been slowly but surely seeping into this club in the last couple of years. I thought we were different to some of the other counties but I guess not or perhaps after 29 seasons as a member I'm simply reaching the end of the line.:D

Decided I would submit my membership application for 2021 in the more traditional manner so took the completed and signed paper form down to the Box Office today at 1.30 pm. More in hope than anything else because I didn’t think it would be open. Surprisingly it was so I handed the application form in and collected my 2020 membership card and yearbook. Not that they will be of much use but there you go.

Now Badger has signed a new deal it’s all starting to come together. It’s the dawn of a new era I can feel it in me watter.

Back