Durham captain for 2019

I don't see it as holding a grudge but more that if you leave then you have moved on and do do the club. It will also help players who are not certain moving is the right move to stay at the club instead of risking it especially the local lads.
Problem is the club haven't moved on, at least not in the way we hoped. Fact is he's a better player than Clark, Richardson and Smith. Personally I'd be very happy if he came back.

I don't see it as holding a grudge but more that if you leave then you have moved on and do do the club. It will also help players who are not certain moving is the right move to stay at the club instead of risking it especially the local lads.

i'm not sure i agree with this point like.

if i'm a young lad and i see the likes of borthwick [all hypothetical as i don't think any of them will be coming back] leaves durham and then ends up coming back maybe i think 'the grass isn't always greener' and stay rather than think 'i can just come back if it doesnt work out' and leave.

everyone is different mind.

as far as @Bri point about the middle order i'd quite happily see the new faces, i think harte has earned a bit of a chance next season and out of all the players on the cusp i'd give smith the edge since he can bowl spin, and is also arguable a potential captain.

lees, steel, bancroft, harte, smith, 6, poynter, raine, 9, salisbury, rushworth

6 is one of richardson, clark, davies
9 is one of weighell, potts, carse, rimmington

though if the england lads are available you slot stokes & woody in there and it's a potentially a very strong side

collingwood spoke glowingly about carse being a potential all rounder for england at some stage. if he can bat that well he could be a potential number 6 which lets us perhaps bring a spinner in, trevaskis or whitehead

Probably true

Annoyed at some, felt like they couldn’t wait to get out of the door when things went wrong

coughlin & jennings i feel are far more guilty of this than borthwick and stoneman.

i'm not sure i agree with this point like.

if i'm a young lad and i see the likes of borthwick [all hypothetical as i don't think any of them will be coming back] leaves durham and then ends up coming back maybe i think 'the grass isn't always greener' and stay rather than think 'i can just come back if it doesnt work out' and leave.

everyone is different mind.

as far as @Bri point about the middle order i'd quite happily see the new faces, i think harte has earned a bit of a chance next season and out of all the players on the cusp i'd give smith the edge since he can bowl spin, and is also arguable a potential captain.

lees, steel, bancroft, harte, smith, 6, poynter, raine, 9, salisbury, rushworth

6 is one of richardson, clark, davies
9 is one of weighell, potts, carse, rimmington

though if the england lads are available you slot stokes & woody in there and it's a potentially a very strong side

collingwood spoke glowingly about carse being a potential all rounder for england at some stage. if he can bat that well he could be a potential number 6 which lets us perhaps bring a spinner in, trevaskis or whitehead

coughlin & jennings i feel are far more guilty of this than borthwick and stoneman.

Absolutely agree

Still no official need on captain's for championship or one day teams.

i'll throw my name in the hat then.

wasn't poolynorm the unoffficial official captain of the Live Match Chat CC back when there was such a thing on the durham website for those that remember.

i'm sure @brandon will remember after all it was him that broke it iirc :lol::lol:

i'll throw my name in the hat then.

wasn't poolynorm the unoffficial official captain of the Live Match Chat CC back when there was such a thing on the durham website for those that remember.

i'm sure @brandon will remember after all it was him that broke it iirc :lol::lol:

It was the wifey getting shagged by half the squad* that f***ing broke it :lol:.

*Allegedly

Back