Durham captain for 2019

He fucked off. Rather we put efforts into others than taking him back. He wasn't loyal to Durham when Durham wanted a bit of loyalty through tough times.
It was well publicized that he agonized greatly over the decision. He wanted to further his game and basically it boiled down to a choice between Lewis or Divo to help him to do that. No brainer imo.

Not ideal but rushy might have to get it

He was offered a great deal here by the way

Not sure either will be now Burns has been called up
Not as good as Surrey I bet and its not like there on the coin footballers are and he has more chances of winning things

Last edited:
As a club who prides itself on its standing in the community, giving local lads chances to play professional cricket, I think it is a great thing to wish them well when they move on, but welcome them back if things don't go great for them. Where it benefits both parties there is zero point in holding grudges.

As a club who prides itself on its standing in the community, giving local lads chances to play professional cricket, I think it is a great thing to wish them well when they move on, but welcome them back if things don't go great for them. Where it benefits both parties there is zero point in holding grudges.
Loyalty works both ways and certain folk couldn't wait to jump ship from Durham. Massive no thanks from me.

I don't see it as holding a grudge but more that if you leave then you have moved on and do do the club. It will also help players who are not certain moving is the right move to stay at the club instead of risking it especially the local lads.

Probably true

Annoyed at some, felt like they couldn’t wait to get out of the door when things went wrong

What has he done to warrant and maintain batting in the top four
Its a ridiculous ask for him given established batsmen like Collingwood & Richardson were hiding down the lower middle order & failing.

The lad should be batting 5 or 6 for me and I can see him contributing nicely from there.

I will stick to what I thought when all have left for other counties. Good luck but no coming back if it does not work out. Its a policy that will benefit Durham in the long run.
Very ideallistic stance, Don’t think we are in a position to be fussy. Taking into account our current season I’d welcome
Adam Johnson into the middle order if he could get 1,000 runs :lol:

Its a ridiculous ask for him given established batsmen like Collingwood & Richardson were hiding down the lower middle order & failing.

The lad should be batting 5 or 6 for me and I can see him contributing nicely from there.

Very ideallistic stance, Don’t think we are in a position to be fussy. Taking into account our current season I’d welcome
Adam Johnson into the middle order if he could get 1,000 runs :lol:
I don't know.

Yes he only got an average of 25 but he scored 2 century in 8 games. His first class record also stretches to 8 games. He's a newbie! So is he capable of better with exposure? I'd say yea, 2 centuries speaks loudly.

Graham Clark has 1 century in 30 games (Pringle has none).

We've got the top three pencilled in for next season already …. maybe Harte can drop in at 4/5. Hopefully he's a developing player.

One thing I'd doubt is that we have a wholesale clearout, more like we'll get rid of those who can't and keep those who either can or who will develop into someone who can do what's necessary.

The players who should watch out are Smith, Clark and Richardson. Not only have they not had a good red ball season but they also seem to be treading water.

One thing we really haven't talked about, it's been let slip by but if it's true it's scandalous.

Colly said batting had been affected throughout the Championship because the current batch of balls moved more than previously. How come the quality of the balls is allowed to change the balance of batsmen vs bowlers and this impacts on the quality of the cricket.

If this is true there are lots of questions that should be asked. If it is true.

PS I know Dukes are hand made and there is a natural variability.

PPS I also know scores throughout the competition have been hit and there are only 5 possibilities for the reason a) batsmen got worse. b)bowlers got better, c) umpires got worse. d) pitches got worse, and e) the ball moved off the pitch more extravagantly.

Last edited:

Back