Durham Arnison Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Closes in may being redeveloped.

I didn't know that was definitely going ahead. Is the student flats thing?

the Gates car park is horrific,

It's horrible if you need a receipt for parking. None of the machines have paper in and there's never anybody in the office. You have to press a button and stand around for ages. Then a grumpy man comes twisting on about how I've disturbed him and dragged him out just for a receipt. I've stopped parking there now and go in Prince Bishops but that has a high percentage of knackers who can't read the sign telling you it's recognition parking so you don't need a token any more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know that was definitely going ahead. Is the student flats thing?

It's horrible if you need a receipt for parking. None of the machines have paper in and there's never anybody in the office. You have to press a button and stand around for ages. Then a grumpy man comes twisting on about how I've disturbed him and dragged him out just for a receipt. I've stopped parking there now and go in Prince Bishops but that has a high percentage of knackers who can't read the sign telling you it's recognition parking so you don't need a token any more.
My mam works in their, They've been told may it will be totally shut sometime in may. Not sure what they plan to do with it? Heard flats, but also a cinema?

Durham City is shite for shopping so it's about the only option.
It's a chuffing nightmare to get in and out of at busy times.

whoa there, all there moaners on the Echo's site seem to think Durham is fantastic for shopping & way better than Sunderland.
Are you saying that's not true?

My mam works in their, They've been told may it will be totally shut sometime in may. Not sure what they plan to do with it? Heard flats, but also a cinema?
Cinema yes, some shops such as Woven are staying, others moving out, Wilko gone. Restaurants to face the river, flats on top floor. Hope they make a good job of it as its been a disaster for years

Some of the staff at Sainsburys's had dug a massive escape tunnel. They were half way to the perimeter when it collapsed the guards caught them.

Apparently quite a few have been shot. Sad times.

Some of the staff at Sainsburys's had dug a massive escape tunnel. They were half way to the perimeter when it collapsed the guards caught them.

Apparently quite a few have been shot. Sad times.

Are you still bitter after being banned by the bakery manager?

Are you still bitter after being banned by the bakery manager?

I'm OK with it.

I prefer LIDL anyway, particularly playing biscuit roulette - letting the kids buy random packets of biscuits with foreign names. When the new Co-op opens next to the funeral parlour my life will be complete.

They've filled the git big hole back in and are putting parking spaces back now. Just in case anyone was wondering.

What are they doing at the Arnison Centre in Durham? I've been googling this morning but can't find anything.

The middle section of the car park is all fenced off and they've dug a git big hole.

mag sacrifice IIRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back