Durham Arnison Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

becs

What are they doing at the Arnison Centre in Durham? I've been googling this morning but can't find anything.

The middle section of the car park is all fenced off and they've dug a git big hole.

They not putting a frankie and bennys in? Read something about nimbys moaning about it being a nightclub.

No that's already open. They pulled down the old Pets at Home store and built it there with a Costa and a Muffin Break, and they're just finishing off some shops built on the Pets at Home car park.

Can't understand why that place seemed to re take off again a few years ago.

Durham city struggles with some shops, but the arnison is booming.

Just wish it wasn't so bloody far away

No that's already open. They pulled down the old Pets at Home store and built it there with a Costa and a Muffin Break, and they're just finishing off some shops built on the Pets at Home car park.
Looks like Arniston are really trying to let shoppers enjoy their day mind:D ;)

Can't understand why that place seemed to re take off again a few years ago.

Durham city struggles with some shops, but the arnison is booming.

It's congested driving round the city centre and parking is difficult and expensive. The Gates centre was always very quiet anyway with several empty units and Wilko recently pulled out and moved to the Arnison centre. Think that'll be the nail in the coffin for some of the remaining shops as there is just no footfall there.

It's congested driving round the city centre and parking is difficult and expensive. The Gates centre was always very quiet anyway with several empty units and Wilko recently pulled out and moved to the Arnison centre. Think that'll be the nail in the coffin for some of the remaining shops as there is just no footfall there.
Closes in may being redeveloped.

Yeah, that Yorkshire shop and the cheap cafe are closing down too - hope the Thai place remains or gets relocated.

I don't get it when people are seemingly afraid to drive to the car parks in Durham.

Ffs man it's just roads and a roundabout get yasel there
It's not driving there, it's the car parks. The one at The Gates would win many prizes for best design..

I don't get it when people are seemingly afraid to drive to the car parks in Durham.

Ffs man it's just roads and a roundabout get yasel there

The missus doesn't like it but that's because she's learning to drive at the minute so it's quite stressful at busy times. Her instructor is hopeless though as he only takes her on the exam routes and never out of town or owt.

I've never had a problem getting a space at The Gates myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back