Dullest cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw the thread title and was about to type Edam.

beat me to it..

so Dull that it is made backwards
Another huge non-fan of that plastic shite Edam here.

I used to group Gouda with it just cos it's Dutch, but having been to Gouda, and tried some of the more mature versions, I'm hooked on the stuff now. Lovely bit of cheese.

Another huge non-fan of that plastic shite Edam here.

I used to group Gouda with it just cos it's Dutch, but having been to Gouda, and tried some of the more mature versions, I'm hooked on the stuff now. Lovely bit of cheese.

Gouda isn't a cheese of choice but I don't mind it if its served up. worlds apart over Edam

On a Neopolitan it's class.

I agree though, it's rubbish otherwise, mostly flavourless and a rubber texture. I can only get away with it when it's melted.

Aye 50% the time... the other 50% the bastard comes off in one go and then your left with cheeseless bites

The Wensleydale factory in Hawes has a room in the shop where you can taste all the cheese they make. Spent ages testing them all to make sure I got the one I wanted

Smoked Wensleydale as recommended by Wallace and Grommit ?

Aye 50% the time... the other 50% the bastard comes off in one go and then your left with cheeseless bites

Not if it's actually cooked properly. I know it looks better if they're just partially melted but I can't be arsed with that, always make sure it's properly melted when I make them.

The Indian cheese "Paneer" had literally no flavour whatsoever when I bought some to try. However, I suspect it is meant to absorb the flavour of the sauce that surrounds it in any dish it appears in.

The Wensleydale factory in Hawes has a room in the shop where you can taste all the cheese they make. Spent ages testing them all to make sure I got the one I wanted
I could live in there. Wensleydale with cracked black pepper, gorgeous. It was actually four years ago today when we went. There were ridiculous snowdrifts and blizzards and couldn't go out for a walk so went for a tour of the factory to waste some time before going to the pub.
Surprisingly enjoyed the tour and the shop with the samples in was heaven. Didn't have the black pepper one when we returned the next year.

Any cheese with fruit in it eg. Wensleydale & Cranberry

If you've have a bit of tasteless leftover cheese just get rid of it rather than pollute the world with your fruity addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back