Dullest cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Depends what you class as Mozzarella. That plastic grated shite on pizzas is an abomination to the name. A fresh mozzarella di bufala on a caprese is a different beastie completely
I love the 'rind' you get on proper mozzarella. Absolutely lusharoony. When I lived in Rome I used to go to a market and pick up that day's fresh mozzarella and then to the tomato fella who'd give me that day's best tomatoes to complement it... fuckin unreal.

Mozarella isn't exactly a taste sensation...

True, but it's on a pizza to make eating it fun as well as providing a slight background of cheesiness. I always boost my home-made pizzas with extra mature cheddar.

I love the 'rind' you get on proper mozzarella. Absolutely lusharoony. When I lived in Rome I used to go to a market and pick up that day's fresh mozzarella and then to the tomato fella who'd give me that day's best tomatoes to complement it... fuckin unreal.

I love the rind on Camembert but I'd bet my bottom dollar that 90% of people think you're not meant to eat it. It's the cheese equivalent of fish-skin, which I also love.

Blue Stilton
Mature Red Leicester - Aldi did a beaut called Red Fox
Mature Double Gloucester
Mature Cheddar -Any type
Gruyère
Comté - Might be going to get more expensive soon though

Never had a decent American cheese. Ever.

Are you insane?

Another huge non-fan of that plastic shite Edam here.

I used to group Gouda with it just cos it's Dutch, but having been to Gouda, and tried some of the more mature versions, I'm hooked on the stuff now. Lovely bit of cheese.

Good post. Never liked Gouda either, tried some in Dam, was nice, bought about £25 worth coming back through Schipol. All were extra mature, one had a tiny amount of cumin flavouring, was nice. All cracking. I'm sold.

Last edited:
Nope.

Got to have a bit of taste to them - otherwise you're just eating decorator's caulk.

But surely to God blue stilton and the extra mature cheddars cannot be described as without taste?

The main complaint people have about them is that they're too strong!

I think they're lush myself.

Has anyone on here had Berwick Edge before? The cheese place in Durham indoor market sells it (as, I imagine, do other places). f***ing amazing cheese.

Why is it always Dairylea,
When in the contract they stipulated Brie?
Why is it always Dairylea,
We've got some nice red wine in
I was looking forward to dining

Quark is minging too.

But surely to God blue stilton and the extra mature cheddars cannot be described as without taste?

The main complaint people have about them is that they're too strong!

I think they're lush myself.

Has anyone on here had Berwick Edge before? The cheese place in Durham indoor market sells it (as, I imagine, do other places). f***ing amazing cheese.
I agree.

I edited my post to explain I was replying to a post about favourite cheeses. :D

I like the ones I've listed - a lot. So much so, I've been warned not to eat so much of them by my doctor as it's affecting my cholesterol levels.:mad:

I used to have to visit a client site in Rome and one of the options in the canteen was a ball of buffalo mozzarella, a couple of ripe tomatoes and a lump of bread. It was absolutely tremendous.

It's not red Leicester. That's the king of cheeses iirc

You said Beaufort ? a while back was the best. I tried it on your recommendation.
On topic, i had a curry with Paneer in it on Friday. Tasteless. So that for me. Gouda is lush mind.

Edit. Ah. Just saw your other post.

Last edited:
Edam is pretty high in the dull stakes

Good mozzarella is ..... well good but the cheap bags of grated stuff tastes of nothing

edam is pretty inoffensive as far as cheeses go, I used to like it as a kid but Id not event think of buying it now. Mild cheddar is also utterly pointless.

I love Edam much nicer than cheddar for me sorry. Blandest cheese is Mozzarella tastes like rubber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back