DSL Breakaway?

They only invited the former member teams that were present during the last season of the senior league. Now quite a few have gone onto bigger and better things a couple have vested interest in the DCL currently and at least two of the teams are struggling. I can't see this venture working but do feel a potential breakaway is possible.

They only invited the former member teams that were present during the last season of the senior league. Now quite a few have gone onto bigger and better things a couple have vested interest in the DCL currently and at least two of the teams are struggling. I can't see this venture working but do feel a potential breakaway is possible.

Who is behind it??

There are some Leagues in Yorkshire that did not join the Pyramid. I am not surprised as one of the new divisions stretches from Harrogate to the Yorkshire Coast - stupid. Some clubs are not happy but others see it as progression.

Thank fuck for that. Be rediculous.

Cant see how this breakaway would work. Form a league where teams can’t progress?

Or is this an attempt to keep strugglers away from ‘lower leagues’ as clearly they much better than that?

Smacks of arrogance once again from the senior league.

It will never work. The 12 clubs are poles apart now:

NEPL
Eppleton
Burnmoor
Felling
Whitburn

NEPL1
Castle Eden
Bolton

DCL
Philadelphia
Marsden
Durham City
Horden
Kimmblesworth

NEDL
Seaham Harbour
South Hetton

Four divisions between clubs. I guess if say 6 or 7 said yes they could look at previous teams such as South Shields, Gateshead Fell etc who may look at a stabilised league instead if promotion relegation

All in all a stupid suggestion and I bet there was only 3 or 4 clubs in attendance

NEPL
Eppleton
Burnmoor
Felling
Whitburn

NEPL1
Castle Eden
Bolton

DCL
Philadelphia
Marsden
Durham City
Horden
Kimmblesworth

NEDL
Seaham Harbour
South Hetton

Four divisions between clubs. I guess if say 6 or 7 said yes they could look at previous teams such as South Shields, Gateshead Fell etc who may look at a stabilised league instead if promotion relegation

All in all a stupid suggestion and I bet there was only 3 or 4 clubs in attendance
Wicketkeeper was representing everyone. Arrived dressed in 1980s get up, complete with pads with buckles, Gray Nicholls Scoop bat and a home knitted jumper

Just to prove how good it was in the olden days

NEPL
Eppleton
Burnmoor
Felling
Whitburn

NEPL1
Castle Eden
Bolton

DCL
Philadelphia
Marsden
Durham City
Horden
Kimmblesworth

NEDL
Seaham Harbour
South Hetton

Some long away trips for those Bolton lads;)

Back