Drop Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

essex boy said:
from the one day side.....

what does he offer the side on flat wickets

What has Broad offered on any wicket recently? Only Swann performs consistently in ODI's. That includes batsmen as well.

Can we drop Cook while we're at it?

In today's game getting 100 at nowhere near a run a ball is simply not good enough if we're going to do anything in the ODI format.

To be honest, aside from Morgan and Swann the whole lot of them want dropping.

In today's game getting 100 at nowhere near a run a ball is simply not good enough if we're going to do anything in the ODI format.

To be honest, aside from Morgan and Swann the whole lot of them want dropping.

are there any decent saffers in their first class structure who we could lure over

:roll:

He scored that with a strike rate of 83, with wickets falling all around him. Thought it was a great innings myself.

are there any decent saffers in their first class structure who we could lure over

Couple of good performances for Lancs against Durham on Friday night (calm down EB, not Saj) think the lad's names were Maharoof and Junaid Khan. Reckon we can get them in??

Piss taking aside, Khan looked like a pretty handy player.

:roll:

He scored that with a strike rate of 83, with wickets falling all around him. Thought it was a great innings myself.

The problem is that he can't do it any faster than that, and that included 15 overs of powerplays. Bell and Trott will do the same, can't have 3 players scoring like that.

Think the problem is the English attitude and was summed up by Cook - he defended Trott by saying averaging 50 at a strike rate of 80 is a fantastic record. It was 10 years ago, it's too slow now.

I was being serious.

To be in for 146 balls on a good pitch and only have a strike rate of something in the low 80's is not good enough in today's game; especially when he was in for 20 overs worth of powerplays and has batsmen as one-dimensional and one-paced as Trott and Bell around him.

Making him captain was a ridiculous decision and it now means having to choose between Trott and Bell, all three can't play in the same ODI team.

I was being serious.

To be in for 146 balls on a good pitch and only have a strike rate of something in the low 80's is not good enough in today's game; especially when he was in for 20 overs worth of powerplays and has batsmen as one-dimensional and one-paced as Trott and Bell around him.

Making him captain was a ridiculous decision and it now means having to choose between Trott and Bell, all three can't play in the same ODI team.

Serious?

Im questioning your cricketing knowledge now mate unfortunatly.

One of the openers has to "try" to stay till the end. Did Cook stop anyone playing an explosive innings around him?

I have never been a fan of his. But alas the last 18months has turned me round. The guy has how many century's now?

Couple of good performances for Lancs against Durham on Friday night (calm down EB, not Saj) think the lad's names were Maharoof and Junaid Khan. Reckon we can get them in??

Piss taking aside, Khan looked like a pretty handy player.

The problem is that he can't do it any faster than that, and that included 15 overs of powerplays. Bell and Trott will do the same, can't have 3 players scoring like that.

Think the problem is the English attitude and was summed up by Cook - he defended Trott by saying averaging 50 at a strike rate of 80 is a fantastic record. It was 10 years ago, it's too slow now.

Junaid Khan = Fast bowler?

Serious?

One of the openers has to "try" to stay till the end. Did Cook stop anyone playing an explosive innings around him?

I have never been a fan of his. But alas the last 18months has turned me round. The guy has how many century's now?

Junaid Khan = Fast bowler?

Yup, Pakistan international

Serious?

He created a lot of unnecessary pressure on those around him; however today was a far better example of how to pace a one day innings and I hope he continues to play in this vain.

If you're going to stay in for an entire innings your strike rate needs to be at or around the 100 mark unless the expansive batsmen actually score some runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back