drones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't there now loads of restrictions on flying them in Uk now?

I think so aye. Last year at work we looked at getting a photographer in who used drone photographer/filming to capture some track engineering works. He explained all the regulations that are in place. Stuff like not allowed to flying within a certain radius of houses, limited to what height they can fly at. And if the drone equipment has GPS fitted, it will land once it gets within a certain radius of airports. Also if doing filming away from private land and are on public property, you need to inform police of your flight plan (I think).

any SMBers fly a drone

a colleagues husband is an avid fan and has one of these

not cheap by any means but very impressive
If I was back in Sunderland with easy access to a brilliant coastline and wonderful countryside on the doorstep I think I'd seriously consider buying one of these

yes I have the Phantom 4, fantastic bit of kit, better than that fold up Mavic shite

Love taking potshots at them with me slug gun. The look on the owners faces when it hits the deck is priceless.

I'd love to see you hit mine at 55mph and 400ft

you could but battery life is limited to 20 minutes in one of these you'd have to keep swapping batteries

mine last for 28 minutes but I have 4 batteries, anyhow it's illegal to fly over stadiums or large populated events, not allowed within 150m

Last edited:
yes I have the Phantom 4, fantastic bit of kit, better than that fold up Mavic shite

I'd love to see you hit mine at 55mph and 400ft

mine last for 28 minutes but I have 4 batteries, anyhow it's illegal to fly over stadiums or large populated events, not allowed within 150m
What's your BMI score?

The problem is you can pick up a reasonably decent drone now for about 500 quid, so there seems to be more and more f***ing idiots buying them and totally ignoring the CAA regulations on drones, so it's only a matter of time before the whole thing becomes regulated and you'll require a licence which I think is personally a good idea.

One thing people don't realise is that they might think they're getting away from flouting the law and bypassing the 400ft limit, but all high spec drones record every bit of flight data..

Bairn has a cheap one and it's class. Obviously the one pictured is in a completely class

A mate of mine bought one.

It's stuck in a neighbours tree. I have no idea what he was thinking of.

Reactions: PTR
want one

lot of money if they can haywire, seen vids of people crashing em on 1st flight.

be my luck for it to crash into a car causing a pile up

want one

lot of money if they can haywire, seen vids of people crashing em on 1st flight.

be my luck for it to crash into a car causing a pile up

The cheap ones are easy to crash, get something like the Phantom 4 like I've got it's pretty much crash proof, it has sensors that will stop it from hitting obstacles, if you lose line of sight from your drone you can hit the return home button and it will fly back to you to the point of take off, these things have full GPS you can leave go of the sticks and it will just sit there hovering, even on a windy day..

The cheap ones are easy to crash, get something like the Phantom 4 like I've got it's pretty much crash proof, it has sensors that will stop it from hitting obstacles, if you lose line of sight from your drone you can hit the return home button and it will fly back to you to the point of take off, these things have full GPS you can leave go of the sticks and it will just sit there hovering, even on a windy day..

but phantom 4's are £999 , 3's are £449

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Toys-Gam...UTF8&qid=1487183461&sr=8-4&keywords=phantom+4

got 2 voices's in me head WANT one v DON'T want one, the cheaper they get I'll want one :D

Bet most twats who buy these will have them in the cupboard/garage with the electric guitar, fancy DSLR camera, teach yourself French tapes, karate outfit etc within 6 months.

Fools and their money.

I'll have a think , as in save money mode at mo.

You're better off waiting till it warms up a bit anyhow, nowt worse than being stood in the middle of nowhere freezing your nads off, and on windy days it drains the battery quicker, besides they might have come down in price in a couple of months.

Bet most twats who buy these will have them in the cupboard/garage with the electric guitar, fancy DSLR camera, teach yourself French tapes, karate outfit etc within 6 months.

Fools and their money.

Out of all my toys this is my favourite, and gets used far more, just waiting for the kids to go back to school and I'll be back out, nowt more annoying that "ow mister is that a drone" and "giz a gan"....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back