Drinking

Easily done mate, in front of the tele with a bottle of malbec and some cheese watching a decent tv series like Sopranos, The Wire, etc. It’s class

Never got this myself. Can’t think of anything worse than having to watch a TV show when I’m half cut.

Football aye, as it dulls the ever-present pain of watching Sunderland but drinking in the house watching tele, I just don’t get it.

Could not think of a single time I would fancy a drink in the house personally.

Even on a Saturday night when I can’t be arsed to go out or whatever, I’d rather have a bottle of water than get pissed in my own company.

From total disagreement on jobs to total agreement on this. It’s a funny world. Do not like being drunk on my own. Maybe it’s because I am miserable bastard and being drunk on my own would only make me more so :lol:

Last edited:
If we watch a film together we'll share a bottle, if not its very rare we buy drink for the house now

We would save a fair few quid if we took that approach tbf. My folks never drank in the house but the missus' folks always have so I guess the missis got me onto it. Mind they don't have the typical attitude towards drink (they either would just open a bottle of wine to be shared or just have one spirit) and I can count on one hand the times I've seen them pissed. Others seem to only drink to get pissed. If that was the case I'd not be supping often on the house.

Never got this myself. Can’t think of anything worse than having to watch a TV show when I’m half cut.

Football aye, as it dulls the ever-present pain of watching Sunderland but drinking in the house watching tele, I just don’t get it.

From total disagreement on jobs to total agreement on this. It’s a funny world. Do not like being drunk on my own. Maybe it’s because I am miserable bastard and being drunk on my own would only make me more so :lol:
Yeah but you only drink to get pissed don’t you iirc? I’m talking about relaxing with a few large glasses of wine without the need to get blotto.

In the house in the week during the evening. Becoming an every day occurrence with a bottle of red. Never used to do it when I lived with my parents. Been in my flat just over a year and for the past 6 months love a drop on a school night. Not to get pissed or owt, just relaxing.

Starting to think I may need to slow down, but I’m only 28 so maybe I shouldn’t worry too much.

Anyone else indulge a little too much?

Go out. Don't sit in drinking on your own.

You're 28 plenty of time in the future to sit in.

Drink one or two pints on a pub with people.

Drinking alone at home, a bottle a night, isn't great at 28.
I do go to the pub 1-3 nights a week. The other times I watch tele with the mrs and have a drink or if she’s gone to bed early continue watching on my own.

I do go to the pub 1-3 nights a week. The other times I watch tele with the mrs and have a drink or if she’s gone to bed early continue watching on my own.
Oh if you have a mrs and you are drinking with her that's different. So maybe just cut it out on the nights you would drink on your own. It is not great for you to be putting that much away.

Saying that at your age I was drinking 6 pints of Kronenbourg to start off most nights.

Used to have a few cans most nights, nout excessive like about 4-6. Knocked it on the head now like, midweek. Only drink at weekends these days

Drinking is a social activity.

Other than an odd bottle of beer if I'm cutting the grass or cooking I never drink in the house.

Always plenty in for when friends come round but can't see any enjoyment sitting in front the tele knocking it back.

That's not to say I don't go to the pub 3 or 4 times a week

Back