Drinking

I’ve been absolutely caning it the last few weeks.

Had a load of social stuff on at weekends and through the week that I’ve not wanted to say no to.

When it’s like that I always end up having a drink in the house for some reason. Maybe only a couple of bottles of beer but still not great every day when it’s interspersed with heavier drinking days.

Got just over a week now until I’m away on a stag do so going to try to avoid it until then, even on weekends. If I make a conscious decision not to at the start of the day I never do.

I don’t, some people probably do.
Aye, I suppose so, but it's down to them to know their limit and stop when they've reached it, If they have to refrain from drinking in the house because the can't do that, then it's those type that have a drink problem, not people like you or me that enjoy the occasional bottle of wine in the comfort of their own home.

I’ve been absolutely caning it the last few weeks.

Had a load of social stuff on at weekends and through the week that I’ve not wanted to say no to.

When it’s like that I always end up having a drink in the house for some reason. Maybe only a couple of bottles of beer but still not great every day when it’s interspersed with heavier drinking days.

Got just over a week now until I’m away on a stag do so going to try to avoid it until then, even on weekends. If I make a conscious decision not to at the start of the day I never do.
You’re even younger than me though aren’t you?

Totally acceptable then.

Why hadn’t you eaten for so long? Been on the charge? :lol:

Got up had breakfast, went running, came back and cobbled together a sandwich from whatever bits were in the house then went to the pub. Drank from 2pm 'til closing then came home and went straight to bed.

When I got up yesterday morning there were bottles of wine and beer on the top of the fridge. The missus had 'hidden them' so that I wouldn't be tempted when I got home.

I don’t try to get pissed though, that’s not the aim. I just find it helps me to unwind. I just don’t want to become dependant on needing the drink to unwind if you get what I’m saying.

I was gonna ask mate :lol:

I didn’t mean you, there are plenty on here though who do. Sit alone indoors on a friday and saturday night getting pissed. Absolute wrong uns

My drinking has been creeping up these last few months, mainly due to my shifts at work changing. But I'm trying to give it up cos I'm sick of feeling like shit and lethargic the next day and things like the first Wembley trip being just a blur. Also I go running 3 or 4 times a week but I wasn't losing weight, so I'm trying to cut it out altogether. I was stone cold sober for the second Wembley visit (I dread to think what sort of mood I'd have been in if I was pissed :D). I'm feeling better for it and now just waiting for the weight to start dropping off

Back