Drinking in Sunderland city centre

Change the record man
Ambit was 20 year ago
There was no suitable space or offices for doxford type economy and businesses at the time wanted easy access to transport network

Catarrh?
Ample opportunities and locations to draw business' into the city since Doxford. A revolutionary project aimed at attracting well paid jobs into the city would be a vote winner for any party - it may take time but what better electoral ticket to stand on.

That'd be fab like. They need to sort that end of town out a little bit but has potential there too, some cool little places just behind Sunniside but also all the wellness centres so loads of junkies hanging about off their faces.
That's the big issue with the place. There is plenty regeneration going on down there so hopefully in time more people will frequent down there and dilute the sight of the junkies

Just been out in the town. Had a couple of ales in Jameson’s (as it’s real ale festival in Wetherspoons), Fire station then went to the Dun Cow where me and my better half sat at a table and were joined by a couple up from Pontefact for the match. Went to Port of Call and Chaplins with them as they had never been. This couple love Sunderland for a weekend and all that goes with it, it’s a great place we live in.

Just been out in the town. Had a couple of ales in Jameson’s (as it’s real ale festival in Wetherspoons), Fire station then went to the Dun Cow where me and my better half sat at a table and were joined by a couple up from Pontefact for the match. Went to Port of Call and Chaplins with them as they had never been. This couple love Sunderland for a weekend and all that goes with it, it’s a great place we live in.
Used to have a supplier in Sheffield who lived in Barnsley
He said his family used to call the coast lovely seaburn and lived coming for holidays

I’m working in Sunderland for first time and I’ve hit you say I’m impressed with what’s going on.
Decent pubs ( peacock, isis, sun cow )
Food, Proven, Mexico 70, spent grain

The stuff around fire station, keel sq, city hall, pop recs, new bridge, train station and just what I know.

I think it’s an exciting time for the city and there’s definitely a scene and spirit evolving.

My family are from Ponte and love Sunderland for a night out. Not surprising considering they once had a nightclub called ‘Big Fella’s’

Lots of bars in Sunderland change hands and change names but never really change. Back to the same sticky floored almost empty messes with crap toilets within a matter of weeks. It's a shame, I love Sunderland and always preferred it over Newcastle when a night on the town was my thing and I do appreciate some places are trying but a lot if it is very tired and past it's sell by date.
Canny, but what happens to Luciano's?
Still love Luciano's mind. Intent on going in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
I’m working in Sunderland for first time and I’ve hit you say I’m impressed with what’s going on.
Decent pubs ( peacock, isis, sun cow )
Food, Proven, Mexico 70, spent grain

The stuff around fire station, keel sq, city hall, pop recs, new bridge, train station and just what I know.

I think it’s an exciting time for the city and there’s definitely a scene and spirit evolving.
Joseph's 11am, be there

Back