Draught from floor....

Status
Not open for further replies.
My living room has been baltic ever since we removed the laminate flooring and replaced it with carpet....

The draught comes from under the floorboards, there is a gap of around 50cm below the floor boards to the ground below....

We have a decent underlay, but that doesn't help...

Any ideas on how to stop the draught, is it as simple as laying some type of board over the floor boards?

On the same note, how easy would it be to re-lay the carpet, or would it be best to get a bloke in?

When I renovated ours I pulled the floorboards up and laid netting in-between the joists and added a layer of insulation, before putting the floorboards back down, that's a right twat on but it works.

You could try getting some caulk and sealing between the boards and also around the base of the skirts so there are no gaps, might keep some drafts out.

When I renovated ours I pulled the floorboards up and laid netting in-between the joists and added a layer of insulation, before putting the floorboards back down, that's a right twat on but it works.

You could try getting some caulk and sealing between the boards and also around the base of the skirts so there are no gaps, might keep some drafts out.

Cheers, might be worth a try....
Set fire to it. Make sure you have as many Mag mates locked in with you while you do it.
You're welcome.

Can you set fire to a draught????

Don't seal stuff up. Air doesn't move and gets stale. Insulation I reckon is the best bet.

Uplift the carpet and if you’re not confident of refitting try doing half the room at a time. Pull it back half way along with the underlay and lay a 8mm ply over the whole floor. Relay underlay and carpet then repeat on the other half.if you have gaps on bottom of your skirting apply decorators caulk around the perimeter. There will still be plenty of airflow underneath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back