Dragon Age: Inquisition

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm shite at this, the first dragon f***ing destroys me every time.

How do you beat it? Do you need to have specific set of weapons/armour to fight it or something?
Use the tactical view would be my advice. The first dragon nearly beat me even tho I was about 4 levels higher than it, then I started using the tactical view and it's so much easier when you can shift people out of the line of fire and make use of their abilities properly.

Also make sure you bring people with the most appropriate weapon damage types and abilities for each dragon. Cold damage beats fire, spirit damage beats electric and fire beats cold

No sorry, I haven't played it for so long: Cole. I used Varric alot at the beginning but I think Cole was more powerful.

Have never used him, might give him a go tonight. I'm level 19 now so will have plenty of stuff to level him up with. Any tips on the best way to level him up?

One thing I don't like about the game is that you miss out if you don't have the right people with you at the right time.
Punished for not being able to predict the future.

Yeah I noticed that last week that you can only recruit certain agents if you have the right person in your team at that time, bit daft imo.

What level are you at?
About level 8 I think
Yeh, I sacked that off and started going to new places. Don't try to do everything in one place at once.
Aye, I've just basically done the main story and that was it, so I've probably rushed it a bit
Use the tactical view would be my advice. The first dragon nearly beat me even tho I was about 4 levels higher than it, then I started using the tactical view and it's so much easier when you can shift people out of the line of fire and make use of their abilities properly.

Also make sure you bring people with the most appropriate weapon damage types and abilities for each dragon. Cold damage beats fire, spirit damage beats electric and fire beats cold
Cheers, this should help :cool:

About level 8 I think

Aye, I've just basically done the main story and that was it, so I've probably rushed it a bit

Cheers, this should help :cool:

I tried the first one too early, level 7-8 I think and got my arse handed to me so left it for a while until I had levelled up.

How have you completed the whole story at only level 8?

I tried the first one too early, level 7-8 I think and got my arse handed to me so left it for a while until I had levelled up.

How have you completed the whole story at only level 8?
I haven't completed the whole story, but that's the only missions I've been focusing on (the inquisition ones). Got to the Hinterlands dragon part and I'm screwed :lol:

Guess I need to level up or get better equipment

I haven't completed the whole story, but that's the only missions I've been focusing on (the inquisition ones). Got to the Hinterlands dragon part and I'm screwed :lol:

Guess I need to level up or get better equipment

Sorry mate just realised I mis-read your post :lol:

Aye its well worth doing lots of the extras and side missions to level up before taking any of the dragons on!

Have never used him, might give him a go tonight. I'm level 19 now so will have plenty of stuff to level him up with. Any tips on the best way to level him up?

Yeah I noticed that last week that you can only recruit certain agents if you have the right person in your team at that time, bit daft imo.

At level 19 just max out his daggers ability. I put alot of stuff into stealth too.

Regarding dragons, that special skill your character gets (story related) can knock off loads of health.

Same story for me as you lot, took a right skinning early doors of a dragon so kept away. After reading this today I decided to go back and have a pop.......6 down, 4 to go!

Hinterlands, crestwood, storm coast and the 3 empries du lion all brayed!!

Class battles, proper epic. You def need to take tactical control and keep on top of things or you've no chance

Same story for me as you lot, took a right skinning early doors of a dragon so kept away. After reading this today I decided to go back and have a pop.......6 down, 4 to go!

Hinterlands, crestwood, storm coast and the 3 empries du lion all brayed!!

Class battles, proper epic. You def need to take tactical control and keep on top of things or you've no chance

What level were you when you took on the three at Emprise Du Lion?

What level were you when you took on the three at Emprise Du Lion?
19 mate, although it's just pushed my main character over l20 after beating that last one.

I use pretty much the same party all the time. Iron bull, sera, Vivienne and my main is a warrior/tank/dps. I usually play as sera for the dragon battle as can keep an eye on things from a distance without all the spells and explosion effects making things too hectic.

Some terrible frame rate slow down mind towards the last 3rd of those battles with extra dragonlings and stuff kicking about

Got whopped by a high dragon last night - the one where you have to lay the bait for the researcher bloke.

Battle went on for about 30 mins. I had the wrong party though, wrong mage for sure.

Ive just came out the fade, how long have I got left of the main quest?

Also where the hell do you find quarrys

Think maybe 3 main missions you have left, I'm at a similar point to you. I've just been doing loads of side stuff and dragons to level up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back