Doxing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Never heard of this term until a couple of days ago ( on another thread on here) but obvs understand what it is.
Has anyone on here been a victim of it ? I haven’t , not really. One lad did post something personal of mine on here once but he apologised and it was deleted. No harm done

I can imagine if you’ve been the subject of such an attack it could cause major problems and distress.
Yeah, was pretty horrific. Emails and calls to my boss, my address posted online The worst thing was that they posted my girlfriend's (now ex) address and I couldn't do anything about it. She was terrified.

Similarly, I have an African friend whose Danish ex send loads of intimate pictures (no) of her to different media sites and influencers in her African country (she is relatively famous as an Instagram model in her home country).
It has been devastating for her, and the Danish police wouldn't do anything.

Like, take privacy seriously.

I don't get upset with anyone doxxing me, as you say I'm not exactly incognito. I don't like it when my family and friends are doxxed for cheap point scoring on here.

Don't like it when I get doxxed in a stalker way mind .. posters talking about where I live l, work and go out and what is going on in my family etc that is a bit weird.
Just wondering Cat, how do you know this happens, do they actually post about it on this board? And how do they know who your family and friends are etc?

Just wondering Cat, how do you know this happens, do they actually post about it on this board? And how do they know who your family and friends are etc?
I know it happens because I have read the posts on here.
So yes they do post on the board about it.
They went through my Facebook, through that all of my friends and family's accounts. Posted ultrasounds on here that were for my niece and another for my school friend, they posted the names of children in my family, they posted names and pictures of my rugby team, contacted my club, sent me flowers at my work... that one I'm not sure about to be honest but the note was a bit SMB.

I had to get help with the security settings on my Facebook, I had to talk to my family and friends about their security settings.

I've spoken to the police and they have the details, which is why I particularly wanted the details of the deleted posts that would appear of a night time.

Those are the most part but then there have been a couple who have openly posted on here about where I have gone for a drink, where I live etc proper weird those. The last one was pretty full on but Cow was good at sorting that out quickly.
No filth here whatever your name is.

SMB LinkedIn for anyone who wants to join: LinkedIn Login, Sign in | LinkedIn
Well, I'll be blowed 😲

Remember when someone had a massive meltdown in the group chat and threatened to tell all your wives about what had been said in the chat ? How pathetic was that. :lol:

Oh I remember.... that was those night time posts that would then be deleted at the poster's request. If it was just what was said I don't think anyone would have been bothered as it was pretty much mostly hurling insults at eachother... it was the depraved lies they posted that could have caused serious damage to many families as a result.

Have you signed up for the linkedin SMB group yet Adam? Might be good for business networking purposes. I would have joined but I'm too busy cringing myself inside out at the minute.
I’m reading this in disbelief. I can’t even describe how I feel about what is being posted. It’s a bit like watching the office for the first ever time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back