Doxing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard of this term until a couple of days ago ( on another thread on here) but obvs understand what it is.
Has anyone on here been a victim of it ? I haven’t , not really. One lad did post something personal of mine on here once but he apologised and it was deleted. No harm done

I can imagine if you’ve been the subject of such an attack it could cause major problems and distress.

Is this when people search the web for things others have said and done, to use against them?

It's when someone posts someone else's personal details online, usually in a vindictive manner.

It's really spiteful and the person who does it or threatens to do it obviously needs time away from the internet.

Pete the pirate threatened to do it to people on here who mention Sunderland Global Media 😅

Doxing is internet nerd slang for documents

Last edited:
It's when someone posts someone else's personal details online, usually in a vindictive manner.

It's really spiteful and the person who does it or threatens to do it obviously needs time away from the internet.

Pete the pirate threatened to do it to people on here who mention Sunderland Global Media 😅

Doxing is internet nerd slang for documents

Sadly that has happened to a family member. A known local loon saw something that they posted on Facebook (something positive about the area btw) and decided to go after her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back