Doom monger Desperate Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fair enough, you've got your view. I don't think the same way, but that's just because I don't know enough about what he does or how he is at work (as opposed to doing PR) to conclude that he's a 'train wreck'.

Results are poor as a fan aye; but I honestly think he's been dealt a crap hand and on an objective basis actual performance is broadly in line with expectations.

Did you think we'd be top ten at the start of the season?

I'm sick of going in to each season knowing that it's going to be a grim, arduous struggle relying on an end of season run of form to keep us up. We're in that predicament because the the organisation has been badly run. I wish some rich businessman would whoy £200m in the transfer and wages kitty (although think what a £200m lumper would actually deliver; its not that much :rolleyes:) but they didn't. I think the owner is trying a different strategy and MB/DM are integral to that. So I'm just saying, let's give them a chance and see where we are after three years. It might be the Championship but maybe we'll see a completely different, well-run, stable and optimistic club.
You don't need to know him mate, results, and the manner of them speak for themselves. I fully understand your point of view. However if you truly believe that Moyes is the man to carry out the root and branch overhaul its suggested we are about to embark upon then I fear you will ultimately end up disappointed. Additionally I believe we have different ideas on objectivity and expectation. I believe we have a squad that should have been able to provide better results than they have, instead I have watched a team stripped of heart, fight, confidence and ultimately self respect. With relegation comes an opportunity to correct some of the mistakes that have been made, to move forward on a firmer financial footing, to build a younger better motivated team, all these things are achievable in my opinion. Just not with Moyes as manager.

Will anyone actually ever have a go at the players? When the final whistle goes next week and we are down. All the blame will be at moyes door?

For me some will be with moyes. Bit my anger will be directed to the f***ing gutless kernts on the field. 1-11 none of them have done well enough (Pickford all the way through to defoe). They all, each and every one of them, should know that they are one of the worst teams in our history.

Moyes will get it all of course, but that lets these kernts off far too easy

Did it not go much deeper at those other clubs....until they started making better decisions. Moyes completely fucked up the best situation a manager has inherited in recent memory.

give over the best situation my arse, our previous manager walked out less than two month before the start of the season, the club wouldn't pay for mvila, Kaboul was sold and none didn't give a fuck

See above. I don't know what the plan is - probably not that, but I suspect we'll find out more in the close season

You are in good company mate,Moyes doesn't either ,he's completely lost the plot.

You don't need to know him mate, results, and the manner of them speak for themselves. I fully understand your point of view. However if you truly believe that Moyes is the man to carry out the root and branch overhaul its suggested we are about to embark upon then I fear you will ultimately end up disappointed. Additionally I believe we have different ideas on objectivity and expectation. I believe we have a squad that should have been able to provide better results than they have, instead I have watched a team stripped of heart, fight, confidence and ultimately self respect. With relegation comes an opportunity to correct some of the mistakes that have been made, to move forward on a firmer financial footing, to build a younger better motivated team, all these things are achievable in my opinion. Just not with Moyes as manager.

Top post .

Excellent post my friend.

You don't need to know what he is like doing his actual whole job (not the 3% of the role which is PR) to reach a view that he's not up to scratch? I wouldn't like to work for you mate!

I see what you mean about judging on results, but didn't MB say that the manager's appointment was part of a long term plan?

I don't mind the club taking a longer term view - assuming of course that there actually is a sensible strategy which they'll deliver on.

Fair enough about where you think this season's squad should have performed - and on that basis I can understand why you think the manager has failed. TBH I expected the season to be shite and that we'd be in the bottom group - and it hasn't been a repeat of the 02-03 or 05-06 horror shows so - while it's crap I'm not calling for any heads.

The clubs loans at say 9% or thereabouts don't appear to be very good from the clubs point of view with base rates at .5 % because I would suggest that you could get commercial loans at base rate plus 3 or 3.5% with some security and guarantees so paying interest on the clubs loans as previously arranged does seem to be OTT
As for MB male model what exactly is his financial grounding and background other than being accused of being "Murray's Puppet"
He does not appear to have a very extensive financial record prior to his involvement and promotion by Murray at Rangers
He does however resemble a male model for say the Cooperative Funeral Services
and his pronouncements about the club in my opinion have been full of waffle .
For goodness sake the club has had a community identity and long term policy for as long as I have been around and that's quite a time
As for DM he inherited a management roll admitted with problems but with the club with a squad with a basis of stability on a mental high having had a cracking climax to the latter part of the season He quickly dissipated and deflated any optimism amongst the supporters and the players

I want stability even if it's the stability of average or mediocrity within the premier league but with him at the helm we don't even have that
A manager is judged by his results and his have been terrible hopeless and abysmal
It's no good harking on about his past about his habitation at Everton or where he took the current league champions to seventh the job he has done for us has been utterly hopeless and he offers in reality the same bleak future outlook

Some of the managers we have disposed of latterly have been short term appointments and those others who have been sacked have deserved the bullet
Does anybody disagree?
We don't want to be sacking managers per say but his appointment has been a disaster so why shouldn't he go the way of others?
There is no optimism,hope or positivity within the man
There is nothing for the average fan to identify and cling on to
He is a man of yesterday not today and definitely not for tomorrow

You are the architect of your own premonition
Yes we are relegation fodder and absolutely certain to be demoted but Mr Moyes there was no fight under your leadership we surrendered last September.
You offered no optimism,no spirit ,no heart and worst of all no hope
Please do the morally honest action and resign so that even in relegation we can look forward to someone who could provide some hope for the future because you don't even offer the consolation of any aspiration of any inkling of positivity

You forgot the bit about him spending £34m and making us worse, clueless fucker (Dave not you!)

You don't need to know what he is like doing his actual whole job (not the 3% of the role which is PR) to reach a view that he's not up to scratch? I wouldn't like to work for you mate!

I see what you mean about judging on results, but didn't MB say that the manager's appointment was part of a long term plan?

I don't mind the club taking a longer term view - assuming of course that there actually is a sensible strategy which they'll deliver on.

Fair enough about where you think this season's squad should have performed - and on that basis I can understand why you think the manager has failed. TBH I expected the season to be shite and that we'd be in the bottom group - and it hasn't been a repeat of the 02-03 or 05-06 horror shows so - while it's crap I'm not calling for any heads.
So if you were in charge of a major business like Sunderland you'd keep a person who'd failed badly three times on the trot with little or no signs of being up to the job? That there is a great business model marra. :eek::lol::lol::lol:

As I said previously, results speak for themselves. I'm not interested in his PR skills, or evident lack of. My expectations weren't that high to be honest although after the end of last season I thought we would avoid the usual relegation fight. Unlike yourself however as he is manager I hold him responsible for the performances on the pitch this season. He is the manager and is ultimately accountable. He is being paid a substantial salary to avoid what has come to pass this season. I trust that given time the club can resolve the situation we are in at the moment and come out a better club for it, but as I said not with Moyes in charge of the team, he's done nothing to even stabilise our situation, instead it's become progressively worse. He's failed in every single aspect of his job. Why on earth would anyone give him a chance to make it worse.

give over the best situation my arse, our previous manager walked out less than two month before the start of the season, the club wouldn't pay for mvila, Kaboul was sold and none didn't give a fuck

Pearson was sacked at Leicester at exactly the same stage of pre-season and they went on to win the league.

How do you know it was "the club" who wouldn't pay for M'Vila? "The club" paid much more for his replacement...maybe the manager didn't fancy M'Vila.

If Moyes could make a stand regards Kone why couldn't he do it with Kaboul?

Can't comment on None as I've never heard of him.

We will play for a draw and it will be whomever can nick one.

If khazri back to the bench and pienaar starts we will lose.
If he does that I'll know for sure he's getting a relegation bonus and wants f***ing lynching

As I said previously, results speak for themselves. I'm not interested in his PR skills, or evident lack of. My expectations weren't that high to be honest although after the end of last season I thought we would avoid the usual relegation fight. Unlike yourself however as he is manager I hold him responsible for the performances on the pitch this season. He is the manager and is ultimately accountable. He is being paid a substantial salary to avoid what has come to pass this season. I trust that given time the club can resolve the situation we are in at the moment and come out a better club for it, but as I said not with Moyes in charge of the team, he's done nothing to even stabilise our situation, instead it's become progressively worse. He's failed in every single aspect of his job. Why on earth would anyone give him a chance to make it worse.
He gets paid

I don't know whether there is one or, if so, what it is(!)

However, the club is crying out for that, ES is a sophisticated operator, MB strikes me a eminently sensible possibility and, to be honest, I can't see anything other sensible.

Chucking in further ten of millions each year and changing the manger every time the honeymoon wears off surely cannot be the plan?!

Or why not have a manager who gets his team to compete and to play football, then we wouldn't have to keep changing would we.

"Or why not have a manager who gets his team to compete and to play football,"
But he doesnt does he
Compete means at PL level to be on a par with the other teams
According to our useless rancid manager there are only certain games he expects his team to win.
His ambition and sights are set so low the aspirations of is 5 wins out of 32
Do you not get how bad that is and is attitude every game is that we tried hard and the players gave their all,which is nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back