Donald won’t be doing the talk in.

The fans here are impatient. It's a fact of life here that owners have to deal with. If we were prepared to be more patient, a more measured approach might be possible.
What would you suggest? Building a team with young hungry players? Invest in our academy structure? Retain the most promising academy players? Be proactive and giving young players a chance?

Under this regime none of this has or will happen.

I think it's clear this lot came in stripped everything back to its bare bones, hoped for promotion and wanted to make a fast buck. Now they are in the shit.
I know what I would have done also. The scouting team would have been looking for good young hungry players, the youths should be brought through, what have these 2 done with regards to that?

Looks like not going up wrecked their plans of a quick profit, it seems like they came in to cut costs get promoted and sell quick, or is it only me being cynical?
That is exactly what I've just said. Bizarre

Last edited:

Donald doesn't appear to be a long-term planner. He seems to love deals, and prefers to leave the day to day to others. I'd have probably appointed someone with a clear vision of how to get young players through (someone like Les Reed, although I'm not well enough informed to suggest similar names. Ross seemed like a good idea, but was stymied by the lack of knowledge of the English game. With hindsight, we should probably have looked at a younger League 1/2 manager (Cowley?) instead. The focus should then have been on developing the best of our academy players, bolstered with one or two acquisitions who could perform the dark arts needed at this level. If Donald had done that though, I'm not too sure what the response would have been this time last year.

We can't choose who we get as owners - any time a club changes hands it's a toss up as to whether you get a Srivaddhanaprabha or a Venky. We seem to have something in the middle.

Srivaddhanaprabha Did he play with the Beatles once?

Donald doesn't appear to be a long-term planner. He seems to love deals, and prefers to leave the day to day to others. I'd have probably appointed someone with a clear vision of how to get young players through (someone like Les Reed, although I'm not well enough informed to suggest similar names. Ross seemed like a good idea, but was stymied by the lack of knowledge of the English game. With hindsight, we should probably have looked at a younger League 1/2 manager (Cowley?) instead. The focus should then have been on developing the best of our academy players, bolstered with one or two acquisitions who could perform the dark arts needed at this level. If Donald had done that though, I'm not too sure what the response would have been this time last year.

We can't choose who we get as owners - any time a club changes hands it's a toss up as to whether you get a Srivaddhanaprabha or a Venky. We seem to have something in the middle.
I’d agree with most of that. I’d probably get behind any kind of coherent strategy at the moment.
I think our owners have become caught in a trap of simultaneously trying to talk things up to keep the fans on side and making cuts to make us sustainable.

What would you suggest? Building a team with young hungry players? Invest in our academy structure? Retain the most promising academy players? Be proactive and giving young players a chance?

Under this regime none of this has or will happen.

I think it's clear this lot came in stripped everything back to its bare bones, hoped for promotion and wanted to make a fast buck. Now they are in the shit.

That is exactly what I've just said. Bizarre

Seems that way marra, I wait for something to prove my cynicism wrong, I need to win the lottery and fuck off somewhere with no internet connection, not f***ing Murton before anyone mentions it
Leicester owner

Oh

I’d agree with most of that. I’d probably get behind any kind of coherent strategy at the moment.
I think our owners have become caught in a trap of simultaneously trying to talk things up to keep the fans on side and making cuts to make us sustainable.

To be fair, anyone coming in would have needed to do the second. The first needed doing to an extent, but should have been tempered with an indication that it might take longer than we might like.

To be fair, anyone coming in would have needed to do the second. The first needed doing to an extent, but should have been tempered with an indication that it might take longer than we might like.
Depends who they were and how much money they were prepared to pump in to an extent.
I think it’s the contradictions that rankle, best financial shape in league football v broken lifts, 100 points talk then a weakened squad, sustainability v signing Grigg for a huge fee etc.

It's clear as day he couldn't believe his luck when he got the club for a song. Thought he could waltz out of this shit league with minimal investment then turn us quickly for a profit. Now it's all gone to shit, and he hasn't got a pot to piss in to get us out of the mess we are in.
Perfectly put marra.

I believe that SD is trying to do the best for the club. I also firmly believe that an element of our support has embarrassed itself over the last few months and created an almighty mess.

That said, Donald ducking these events is not helping anyone. He needs to return to the SOL and show some leadership

I believe that SD is trying to do the best for the club. I also firmly believe that an element of our support has embarrassed itself over the last few months and created an almighty mess.

That said, Donald ducking these events is not helping anyone. He needs to return to the SOL and show some leadership

I wouldn't say the support is to blame for the mess at all. Some bellends on Twitter apparently have been bell ends on Twitter but is that reason for him to go to ground? I dont get where this notion that his life is in danger has come from. Mike Ashley wouldn't sleep in the same place 2 nights in a row, like Gadaffi if nuggets on the internet and their threats were to be believed.

Last edited:

What!!!!! Supports have created an all mighty mess. You are an idiot

I wouldn't say the support is to blame for the mess at all. Some bellends on Twitter apparently have been bell ends on Twitter but is that reason for him to go to ground? I dont get where this notion that his life is in danger has come from. Mike Ashley wouldn't sleep in the same place 2 nights in a row, like Gadaffi if nuggets on the internet and their threats were to be believed.

You’re right about Ashley, but tbf he also stopped going to games after the skunks turned.

As I’ve said though, SD going into hiding is doing nothing unless he has genuine issues and been told to take a break. The club feels rudderless

Unless turning up and displaying apathy is to blame, there is no blame attached at all.

Haway mate. Even this place had to take action because of the allegations that were being posted. An element - not all - went too far. Sadly I suspect most of the clowns won’t go to the games but they still reflect badly on the rest of us at times.

FWIW, SD does have a lot questions to answer though

Haway mate. Even this place had to take action because of the allegations that were being posted. An element - not all - went too far. Sadly I suspect most of the clowns won’t go to the games but they still reflect badly on the rest of us at times.

FWIW, SD does have a lot questions to answer though

I agree about the first bit but, it's just a page on the internet, there is no threat to Stewart Donald's health not anyone associated with the club. I'm sure any club's forums will have negativity if they're going through a shit time and ours is unprecedented. 140 years and look where we presently are.
The owners were more than happy to be seen in The Colliery Tavern when people were sucking them off every week and, if there was a real threat, surely Charlie Methven wouldn't still be appearing at these things?

We've just drawn in a fifth full stadium where our keeper has had to go and get the ball when it went behind, like a pub league player at Thompson Park on a Sunday morning.

Last edited:
Unless turning up and displaying apathy is to blame, there is no blame attached at all.

Hang on. I’ve never ever slagged off our hardcore match attending support. As I have posted on a regular basis, they are the best in the business. The amount of shit we have taken us unreal.

I’m now edging towards my 30th consecutive season as a SC holder, I was there today and have missed only a handful of cup/away games in the last few years. Plenty of us have major concerns and are deeply annoyed/upset at how far we have fallen; and furthermore SD has some serious questions to answer; but some of worst arseholes don’t go to the games - in fact they haven’t been for f***ing years

Hang on. I’ve never ever slagged off our hardcore match attending support. As I have posted on a regular basis, they are the best in the business. The amount of shit we have taken us unreal.

I’m now edging towards my 30th consecutive season as a SC holder, I was there today and have missed only a handful of cup/away games in the last few years. Plenty of us have major concerns and are deeply annoyed/upset at how far we have fallen; and furthermore SD has some serious questions to answer; but some of worst arseholes don’t go to the games - in fact they haven’t been for f***ing years

I fully agree but make no mistake, this club is being run into the ground at present and something really needs to change.

I had my suspicions things were not all they seemed back in January after we went after Grigg. You could tell the owners were unhappy at that time with Ross and the overall way in which we had played the previous five months.. I know this is true from a lad who recently left the club. Its obvious to any one who has opened their eyes that Stewie and Meths didn't have a penny between them (despite being millionaires) to run the club or take it to the next level, the championship ,without a serious injection of cash. Its now clear that they were banking on JR and the players Coton & Hill brought in would achieve promotion but even in late January that was unlikely due to the inconsistent results and performances. I recall that is when investment began to be mentioned by the lads at every opportunity and interview. Well, May came and we all know what happened then. This is the time when serious mistakes of judgement were made by Stewie and Meths in sticking with Jack Ross ,Coton & Hill and we now find us in a weaker position due to a combination of errors ,gaffs, mistakes what ever you want to call it by Stewie and Meths and unfortunately they seem to keep on coming as the "Takeover/Investment" debacle played out and ultimately culminating in JR departure, albeit six months too late. Make no mistake, further errors are going to happen with these two as owners so get used to it. Their judgement has been called into question quite a few times because I really do believe they totally underestimated the size and passion for our Club but that does not deserve abuse or threatening behaviour to them by any one. In a sentence, They have banked on a promotion, blew it and are now scraping around for coin to run the club..

You should be in journalism mate because that is just made up tosh or I’am on LSD.

Back