Donald won’t be doing the talk in.

Which bit is made up? The fact we blew promotion or they were talking about investment from January onwards? As far as I can remember these both happened.

mall of it had a negative spin. They were talking investment from day 1. Promotion was not a pre requisite last season to achieving financial stability

If he is of this mindset we better be promoted and get further investment as i can't see him continuing to put money in.
Continuing???, he’s put next to nowt in dont believe the spin that’s spouted.

I fully agree but make no mistake, this club is being run into the ground at present and something really needs to change.

Mate, there are huge problems at the club and it’s both sad and embarrassing to see. I know it’s a little thing, but I cringed when I saw our GK go into an empty stand today to get the ball (as did those around me in the East Stand).

Mind, I stand by my point that we have a lot of wankers that pretend to support the club but never go. These losers tend to be the first ones to mouth off on social media as well.

Anyway, we are onto Coventry. We desperately need a result

Seems strange he won't be attending considering the talk-ins in recent years have generally followed the same pattern:

- Fans attend frustrated, confused and angry;
- The represenatives of the club that are taking questions answer them articulately and dampen fears that things aren't going well, they have a plan etc. Things aren't so bad, ha'way lads, we're Sunderland;
- Fans leave happy as larry after a few pints, thinking the club's in trusted hands and we're going to win the league;
- Nothing changes.

He can't keep his mouth shut though, hence why he's not that. Bally is great at it, so is Charlie.

A talk in with Donald could be interesting. A talk in with his employees not so much.

Last edited:
Mate, there are huge problems at the club and it’s both sad and embarrassing to see. I know it’s a little thing, but I cringed when I saw our GK go into an empty stand today to get the ball (as did those around me in the East Stand).

Mind, I stand by my point that we have a lot of wankers that pretend to support the club but never go. These losers tend to be the first ones to mouth off on social media as well.

Spot on mate, agree with every word and I couldn't agree more about the Keeper having to get the ball all the time. Its proper Sunday league stuff, that.
I seem to recall seeing Stewart saying he wouldn’t outstay his welcome.

now correct me if I’m wrong, but if he really and truly is avoiding going out in case he gets garrotted, doesn’t that suggest he’s not welcome?

Thing is, I'm sure if he popped upon a boozer pre game, he'd be welcomed as he ever was. I just dont get this disappearing act. The PM threats must have been very serious (then surely the Coppers would be involved)?

Last edited:
Spot on mate, agree with every word and I couldn't agree more about the Keeper having to get the ball all the time. Its proper Sunday league stuff, that.

Thing is, I'm sure if he popped upon a boozer pre game, he'd be welcomed as he ever was. I just dont get this disappearing act. The PM threats must have been very serious (then surely the Coppers would be involved)?

I still think it’s not true mate and it’s just because he can’t keep his gob shut

It was beyond embarrassing mate. I believe MOTD have already taken the piss and it’s deserved. My eldest has gone from seeing us beat Chelsea in one of the best games I can remember to this utter shambles.

I can see both Boro and Stoke dropping, so if we fuck up this season; next year will be a nightmare

Edit: 12.50 onwards. How low we have fallen is shocking

Last edited:
It was beyond embarrassing mate. I believe MOTD have already taken the piss and it’s deserved. My eldest has gone from seeing us beat Chelsea in one of the best games I can remember to this utter shambles.

I can see both Boro and Stoke dropping, so if we fuck up this season; next year will be a nightmare

Absolutely mate. We likely won't have a pot to piss in, the crowds will be right down and they would be big contenders, as they should (and as we should) be.
This is one of the biggest seasons in our entire history in that respect.

How do you know who goes to games and who doesn’t?

Yes, because abuse should be an accepted corollary of owning a football club 🙄 🙄🙄

There's a world of difference between constructive criticism (which is the only type worthy of a second thought, let alone a response) and personal abuse/threats.
I don't think he's up to constructive criticism ! Reckon he just thinks we should be eternally grateful to him

Edit: 12.50 onwards. How low we have fallen is shocking

Watching that again is absolutely gutting for me, maybe im soft in my old age but honestly its hard to watch. The wierd thing about it is that it feels so long ago but its only 3 and a half years ago. To go from that to this in such a short space of time is something only sunderland could manage.

Watching that again is absolutely gutting for me, maybe im soft in my old age but honestly its hard to watch. The wierd thing about it is that it feels so long ago but its only 3 and a half years ago. To go from that to this in such a short space of time is something only sunderland could manage.

It’s awful mate. From beating Chelsea to playing a first round FA Cup game in front of 8000 people in 3 and a bit years.

Back