Don’t expect a vaccine soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife works in a pharmacy and vulnerable, she gets hers on Monday. The story going about (I can’t say more than that) is that take up in South Shields is low so they are looking for volunteers. I don’t know if that is true or not But pharmacy workers were at the back of the queue. Ifbthey have any spare I will have one.
They will start paying people soon, much like they were paying people to take the test.

I would thought South Shields has a large BAME community, are these not classed as vulnerable yet?
Assume it still in the older phase 1 group.
My mate is a caretaker and vunerable, he’s been told if there is a no show, he will get a call to fill the void, non can be wasted once it’s taken from the deep freeze.

I would thought South Shields has a large BAME community, are these not classed as vulnerable yet?
Assume it still in the older phase 1 group.
My mate is a caretaker and vunerable, he’s been told if there is a no show, he will get a call to fill the void, non can be wasted once it’s taken from the deep freeze.

I don't think BAME specifically appears in the list, they will be called up according to their Care home, NHS/care worker, age or vulnerability category.

They will start paying people soon, much like they were paying people to take the test.
The girl next door to me works in a centre near a hospital,(don’t want to name) they are paying the workers £100 each to have the vaccine. I suppose that is how much they value their health if they were genuinely concerned. She said more than half had not wanted the vaccine But they will now, nowt so strange ss folk.

For what reason?
Either don’t trust it or don’t think they’re in the at risk group so why bother?
Once the vulnerable have had the vaccine, which supposedly stops the virus from causing bad symptoms with 90% efficacy, why shouldn't there be festivals etc? Surely that is the point at which it's reasonable to act normally since the risks to life will be minimal.

I have relatives who aren't taking it, they believe it's been rushed through.
I am extremely suspicious of what metric the govt are going to use for returning to normal. In the summer we were down to 20 Covid deaths a day (compared with 1600 from other causes) and that was still ripe of 6 etc. I’m sure there are some in power who’ll be pushing for sanctions until we reach Level 1 i.e. zero deaths .
JVT reckons 99% drop in hospitalisations and deaths once the most vulnerable are vaccinated. At that point, there will be no justification for anything other than very basic restrictions.
I hope Penfold’s right then

Last edited:
I think the problem is that the government don’t think people are clever enough to understand the process. But I reckon if you got someone the public trusted to explain in detail how it works, it would make a huge difference to those who think it has been rushed.
The big problem from a goverment who say they want to out lie Trump is trying to believe what they say not them trusting in us.

Missus works in a North Tyneside surgery and all their over 80 patients are now booked in next week. Staff are all on immediate standby to get theirs if and when there are ‘spares’ so hopefully she will get sorted fairly quickly.

On the flip side my 90 year old mother has heard nowt yet but lives in a more rural part of Cumbria.

Much as I’m against “vaccine passports” until everyone has been offered it, if we get to a stage where everyone has been offered it and there’s still too many fuckwits who have refused it to get us back to normal, I’d want them brought in. Fucked if I’m twatting around like this forever more because of people who think Bill Gates is trying to control them, or other similar opinions

The trouble is there is a large number of people who choose to follow like sheep, most are ones who voted for brexit, no logic to what they do, they take the line that they don’t trust science. There were some interviews from the US where people were saying there is a chip in the vaccine that alters the brain and lets someone else take control. Crazy!
I don't see how it'll ever be brought under control in the Texas. Their nutters are way worse than ours, and they've allowed skepticism to run amok. I'd be surprised at a 40% uptake on the vaccine.

I found out from my sister yesterday that it's a standard $100 charge to get a standard covid test if you're displaying symptoms, and the vaccine will probably be $30. On top of all the religious and political bampottery you usually get in Texas, you've got companies actually making money off testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back