Doing Something Different on Xmas Day

Airports etc are really bad as is flying. Boring as fuck.

I’d say it’s many things but generally I enjoy being home.

Nice house, nice area , lovely costal views, miss the dog and so on. Beers shite abroad aswell.

I’ never stop anywhere that’s better than what I’ve got at home. All we go away for is the sun. I just like home mate.

I did however enjoy the couple of days away in Costa Adeje last year, had to play the game and stop at home this year with it being the grandbairns 1st Xmas and our lass being all excited. I’ll be away for a bit sun next year.

Only thing is though mate it’s full of French people.
Not thought of driving abroad and taking the dog ? We used to do it and a piece of piss organisation wise.

We looked at Malaga for new year
Prices not too bad
Very tempting might do it next year

I'm in Málaga now. Really nice until 3-4pm especially if you can find a suntrap but temp drops quickly in the evening.

Should be able to get a good price for next year as long as you book early. One of the cheapest places to go to get some sunshine at this time of the year but you'd have to go the Canaries, Carribbean, Thailand etc if you want warm evenings too.

me and the missus are separated and have been for some time. Our tradition is that I stay there on Christmas Eve so the kids have both of us there in the morning for the presents etc.

All well and good and I wouldn’t miss it but leaving to go back to an empty house at lunchtime without my kids is soul destroyingly lonely. So not recommended…

And sorry for bringing down the mood.
Similar boat here.
Kids with me xmas eve and till about midday at mine.
Then off with the ex.
Bothered me the first time 3 year ago, not a prob now, its just another day tbh - nice long walk with dag few beers and film on night did me.
If you overthink it all it makes it seem like a big deal buts its not

Surprised with that amount of trips , thought going as a single traveller was really expensive…..

Not really. Going solo means that you are just paying for yourself and not anyone else's requirements so it can be as cheap as you want it to be. Also means that you can do exactly what you want so aren't spending money on stuff you don't want to do.

Back