Dogs of The SMB.

This morning I took Cassie to doggy daycare for the second time. I passed the leader to the staff member who sad hello to the dog.
Cassie wagged her tail and walked off with her and didn’t bother to look back at me. I was gutted.😥
She is so friendly I’m a little concerned if someone approached her when my back was turned.

He's champion marra.
I'm on a run of 4 x 12 hr nightshifts.
Got home at 8 this morning and the little bugger demanded his daily walk in the woods and his swim as soon as I got in.
Just got in now, got to eat, shower, sleep and drive 45 mins to get back to work for 7 tonight again. Probably get about 5 hrs kip. Repeat again tomorrow and Saturday. But I really don't give a shite mate, cos he is the happiest and most contented little man, and the joy he gives me and Mrs George is quite simply off the scale. He deserves it. 😁

My experience of Cockers is that you've got a 14 yr old puppy there marra😁

Pics now!!!🙂

Just melts my heart marra.❤🙂
View media item 12432
Gorgeous ❤

This morning I took Cassie to doggy daycare for the second time. I passed the leader to the staff member who sad hello to the dog.
Cassie wagged her tail and walked off with her and didn’t bother to look back at me. I was gutted.😥
She is so friendly I’m a little concerned if someone approached her when my back was turned.
My collie is the opposite
We had my mam living with us for a year until she died and he used to round the house the long way so he didn’t have to go near her. It’s the 3 of us in the house now and nobody else who calls in gets even acknowledged. Many of our friends are doggy people and he would get lots of extra time with others if he dropped the attitude but he’s not a people dog.

Sounds like a happy house, and full of fun though marra.
Daft dog, mental kids and a playful kitten.

What's not to like?😁
The cats. I really don’t like cats. Actually the kids too. I’m not keen on kids either.
The dog however sounds topper
Anyone want to give me a link so I can upload a photo and I’ll show yas our new family member
There a tab that says attach file now

Last edited:
We lost our boy yesterday, adopted him in Jan 2013 and he gave us 11 and a bit of the best years of my life. Absolutely grief stricken whilst trying to put a brave face on things at work. Loosing them is so f***ing hard
I feel for you mate. We lost our old girl 5 weeks ago and I still well up when I look at her spot on the settee. We've still got the other 2 so the house is never dull but it's one of the worst things you ever have to deal with

We lost our boy yesterday, adopted him in Jan 2013 and he gave us 11 and a bit of the best years of my life. Absolutely grief stricken whilst trying to put a brave face on things at work. Loosing them is so f***ing hard
So sorry to hear that, it really does break your heart.

So sorry to hear that, it really does break your heart.
I'm struggling with it today. It was very unexpected, I took him for his evening walk around 5:30pm as per usual on Tuesday, he scoffed his tea and then an hour later he was breathing really oddly and had no strength. Within 12 hours we had to say our goodbyes, I just wasn't mentally prepared for this. He was my shadow, followed me everywhere, sat with me wherever I sat, I did the vast majority of his walks, really long walks at weekends too. I'm really going to miss the daft lad
I feel for you mate. We lost our old girl 5 weeks ago and I still well up when I look at her spot on the settee. We've still got the other 2 so the house is never dull but it's one of the worst things you ever have to deal with

This morning was awful, I am so used to him getting up and waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs wagging his tail, the house feels so empty without him and that's with us having two young kids

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss marra, try to remember the good times and all the love he gave you.

Is it the 1 up Greencroft you're using mate?

I'm struggling with it today. It was very unexpected, I took him for his evening walk around 5:30pm as per usual on Tuesday, he scoffed his tea and then an hour later he was breathing really oddly and had no strength. Within 12 hours we had to say our goodbyes, I just wasn't mentally prepared for this. He was my shadow, followed me everywhere, sat with me wherever I sat, I did the vast majority of his walks, really long walks at weekends too. I'm really going to miss the daft lad

This morning was awful, I am so used to him getting up and waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs wagging his tail, the house feels so empty without him and that's with us having two young kids
I lasted quite a while when we lost our old collie. They are such a massive part of our every day and the bereavement is what I expected with a person I had living with me.
Hovering was really bad for months finding his fur and toys.

Cheers mate, that's what we're trying to do. Those memories far outweigh those traumatic last few hours yesterday, which keep coming back into my brain and replaying
So, so sorry mate.
It really is the worst feeling.
It never completely goes away marra, but that tearing grief eventually becomes a dull ache, and then all the beautiful times come rushing back, then all your thoughts of him are happy ones.
That gaping hole you feel now does get smaller mate, even though it doesn't feel that way now.
Thoughts are with you.

Back