Dogs of The SMB.

Just had my worst experience as a dog owner just now.

Saturday night walk round the doors to let the lads have their last pisses etc. turned a corner to two bulldog/pit bull type dogs trotting at us, knew as soon as I seen they had them collors with spikes on it wasn’t gonna be pretty. The next minute or so was just a massive scramble trying to make sure they didn’t rip little Colin apart, some lads passing by helped me massively otherwise it would of been a different story. One lad ended up opening his car so i could throw the pup in as they were adamant on him. My older lad fended them off for a while until others could help step in. Thankfully somehow he’s just got some minor cuts n scrapes so is absolutely fine if not shaken up.

I’ve since spoken to one of the lads that helped me and the owner eventually came once I left to get mine home and checked, he came round the corner shouting “his dogs will rip any dog apart” and “my dogs can do what they want”.

Seriously, What is wrong with these people?
Shocked me that. Bloke sounds a bit lacking tbh. It does need reporting as even if the police don't do anything this time, they'll have it on record.

Hopefully, it doesn't affect your dogs going forward.

Saturday night walk round the doors to let the lads have their last pisses etc. turned a corner to two bulldog/pit bull type dogs trotting at us, knew as soon as I seen they had them collors with spikes on it wasn’t gonna be pretty. The next minute or so was just a massive scramble trying to make sure they didn’t rip little Colin apart, some lads passing by helped me massively otherwise it would of been a different story. One lad ended up opening his car so i could throw the pup in as they were adamant on him. My older lad fended them off for a while until others could help step in. Thankfully somehow he’s just got some minor cuts n scrapes so is absolutely fine if not shaken up.

I’ve since spoken to one of the lads that helped me and the owner eventually came once I left to get mine home and checked, he came round the corner shouting “his dogs will rip any dog apart” and “my dogs can do what they want”.

They both ok marra?

Seriously. What is wrong with people. Do you feel you could report him?

Poor Colin. Give him, both of them in fact all our love hope they recover OK from this horrible ordeal

Report him, if only to help someone who won’t be as fortunate in the future

Night just gets more bizzare, put a post on Facebook giving a tiny bit detail asking for the lads that helped me to get in touch so I could thank them. Have since been message off a random account with threats admitting that they were his dogs but was apparently on a mates account, it’s all a bit mental. Police are coming out first thing tomorrow.

Night just gets more bizzare, put a post on Facebook giving a tiny bit detail asking for the lads that helped me to get in touch so I could thank them. Have since been message off a random account with threats admitting that they were his dogs but was apparently on a mates account, it’s all a bit mental. Police are coming out first thing tomorrow.
f***ing headcases.
Stay safe marra👍
Any news this morning.
Dog arlreet?

Last edited:
Recommend any particular service?
I just searched ebay for Dog DNA Kits. Bought 2 for around £15 each from English company. The kits come with swabs, pre addressed envelope and forms to fill in and payment details. Post them off to Ottawa in Canada. Results in around 3 weeks. Tests £45 each dog.

I'm just off out so I'll dig the seller out for you when I get back.

I just searched ebay for Dog DNA Kits. Bought 2 for around £15 each from English company. The kits come with swabs, pre addressed envelope and forms to fill in and payment details. Post them off to Ottawa in Canada. Results in around 3 weeks. Tests £45 each dog.

I'm just off out so I'll dig the seller out for you when I get back.
I googled Dog DNA and this was near the top :lol:
I'm doing it anyway, daughter supposedly got a greyhound puppy, I just suspect there is something else a bit more mental in there.

Last edited:
Grieves me to report my 13 y/o weimaraner Henry broke my heart last night and crossed the rainbow bridge.
He'd been in a bit of pain the last couple of years with arthritis in his hips but it never stopped him wanting his ball to play with or a rope to tug on with dad. Unfortunately he went off his legs yesterday evening and couldn't support himself.
We took him to the emergency vet hoping maybe an injection might get him going but sadly they informed us that his heart was failing and it was best to let him go.
He went surrounded by his loving family and gave us all one last lick as if to say it was ok and he was ready.
God I'm hurting so much right now, he was such a good boy, loyal and loving to his family.
Bye Henry, thank you for your love, hopefully your pain is gone and there are lots of balls to chase and treaties galore.
We'll miss you forever xx

Grieves me to report my 13 y/o weimaraner Henry broke my heart last night and crossed the rainbow bridge.
He'd been in a bit of pain the last couple of years with arthritis in his hips but it never stopped him wanting his ball to play with or a rope to tug on with dad. Unfortunately he went off his legs yesterday evening and couldn't support himself.
We took him to the emergency vet hoping maybe an injection might get him going but sadly they informed us that his heart was failing and it was best to let him go.
He went surrounded by his loving family and gave us all one last lick as if to say it was ok and he was ready.
God I'm hurting so much right now, he was such a good boy, loyal and loving to his family.
Bye Henry, thank you for your love, hopefully your pain is gone and there are lots of balls to chase and treaties galore.
Sorry to hear that, I’m sure your time together was great for all of you, and you know you gave him the best life possible.

Doesn't help, but you did the right thing by him.

I googled Dog DNA and this was near the top :lol:
I'm doing it anyway, daughter supposedly got a greyhound puppy, I just suspect there is something else a bit more mental in there.

If you go onto ebay and search 'dog DNA test' you will find a seller called 'caninednatestinguk', thats who I got my kits off. The kits are simple to use and are sent to a lab in Ottawa, Canada.

That is a lovely eulogy, obvious Henry much loved and cared for and gave you all his love in return. Thinking of you and your family.

I gave this a like mate, not to be flippant, but because that is one of the most touching things I have read on here, particularly the way he passed with his family around him.

I'm pretty sure that Henry knows he is loved still, and he has his treaties and balls to chase marra.

Good man Nods.

Love and thoughts with you and yours marra

What truly wonderful words and can imagine how hurt you are.
What a life Henry had, try not to dwell on the last Chapter but the complete book, a superb one at that.
My heart goes out to you. It’s bloody awful losing a Dog ❤️
You did the right thing and he never suffered.

Thank you all for your kind messages, they really are appreciated, I tried to answer them yesterday but every time I tried i broke down again.
I know Henry is in a better place now and hopefully one day, when it's my turn, he'll meet me with his big smile, waggy tale and big deep woof just as he always did.

Back