Dog shit at Seaburn and Roker today.

Great work there, disgusting amount. Bunch of us took 400kg off Seaham North beach this morning, and it's not all washed in with the tide, there's a fair amount which is just lazy, ignorant twats. Thankfully few filled dogshite bags just dumped halfway along, which makes a change.

Perfect job for the big screen in Keel Square. Rotating gallery of photos of owners with DIRTY SHIT-MONGER captioned all over them.
Was that the one that Tracy organised? I saw the photos. Well done to you and all the other volunteers. I started doing organised cleans about 5 years ago and we'd be lucky if 5 people turned up. Once it was just me and the organiser so to see nearly 20 people in Sunderland and over 20 in Seaham shows that more and more people are aware and are prepared to do something about it.

It is becoming more and more of late I noticed wherever you are. Hate people who bagged it up and then hang it on a tree or bush too. Carry it to a bin you selfish twats
I havent done that but i have picked dogs shit up before n carried it an eternity. Obvious places should have regular bins (seaton does).

I havent done that but i have picked dogs shit up before n carried it an eternity. Obvious places should have regular bins (seaton does).
I have noticed people us the dog poo bins as normal bins. I've seen a McDonalds bag wedged in the poo bins meaning that no one can use the poo bins. Hard to criticise people for not littering but they are probably doing more damage than good

I have noticed people us the dog poo bins as normal bins. I've seen a McDonalds bag wedged in the poo bins meaning that no one can use the poo bins. Hard to criticise people for not littering but they are probably doing more damage than good
The McDonalds bag could have been full of dog pap though?

Great work there, disgusting amount. Bunch of us took 400kg off Seaham North beach this morning, and it's not all washed in with the tide, there's a fair amount which is just lazy, ignorant twats. Thankfully few filled dogshite bags just dumped halfway along, which makes a change.

Perfect job for the big screen in Keel Square. Rotating gallery of photos of owners with DIRTY SHIT-MONGER captioned all over them.

That’s actually a good idea - publicise the mug shots of owners caught offending - the threat of public humiliation may discourage other neglectful dog owners to pick up.

The McDonalds bag could have been full of dog pap though?
Unless their dog is part Great Dane part Highland Cow and their shit is so big it needs an increased volume of bag i suggest they use a suitably sized carrier for the dogs poop. One more in keeping with the standardised size of poop bins

Unless their dog is part Great Dane part Highland Cow and their shit is so big it needs an increased volume of bag i suggest they use a suitably sized carrier for the dogs poop. One more in keeping with the standardised size of poop bins
They could have been walking several dogs or being carried along by a team of huskies.

Boils my piss, I'd be having all people that have dogs to register it's DNA and then getting people on benefits to test the shite they find and then fine the scruffy twats. Two birds with one stone. Get a dog be prepared to pick the shite up
Why "People on benefits" ? 🤣🤣🤣

Sad to hear as dog shit brings areas down and is a health hazard.

Really don’t understand people who are that lazy not to pick up after their animal at the expense of everyone else and their own surroundings.

Difficult to enforce unless you have some sort of active council warden presence I’d guess.
Fuckers can give me a parking ticket for parking in a free car park though. Went into the library down shields for 20 mins and didn't realise I still had to get a ticket. Got it appealed.

Point is though. They can enforce parking violations why not dog shitters?

Fuckers can give me a parking ticket for parking in a free car park though. Went into the library down shields for 20 mins and didn't realise I still had to get a ticket. Got it appealed.

Point is though. They can enforce parking violations why not dog shitters?
You have to catch someone in the act of leaving a turd. Tiny chance of that.
Parking violations much easier.

You have to catch someone in the act of leaving a turd. Tiny chance of that.
Parking violations much easier.
Yeah, there's definitely an element of picking low hanging fruit for these 'enforcers' with parking.

Do we ever see the enforcement officers in the dog shit hotspots though? In order to catch them in the act, they have to be there in the 1st place.

This wouldn’t happen in London, Manchester or Newcastle.

Just reminded me of being in the office in Manchester a few months back. Was stood at the kitchen window waiting for the coffee machine to finish. Some bloke let his dog curl one out on the pavement of a very busy street (this is about 8.30 am in central Manchester) and walked off.

Nobody challenged him, but to be fair he looked hard as nails and it was a massive American / XL Bully type thing.
Should need a license to own a dog imo. Too easy for scruffs to have them.

In principle I’d be fine with this but I do wonder if it would actually be valuable.

I.e it’s never normal law abiding citizens who drive a car without a license. So presumably if introduced for dogs it would be the same scrotes going about with unlicensed dangerous dogs and 76 year old Beryl from up the road jumping through hoops to keep her 10 year old rescue Yorkie.

(Yes I know if they were big Yorkies would be a complete menace).

Last edited:
Yeah, there's definitely an element of picking low hanging fruit for these 'enforcers' with parking.

Do we ever see the enforcement officers in the dog shit hotspots though? In order to catch them in the act, they have to be there in the 1st place.
No. But I walk the marina most days during the week and have never once caught anyone leaving a dog egg as I would say something.

Back