Does Sunderland have a Heroin problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was around plenty of people who did various recreationals in my younger years, was offered to try plenty but they never intrested me. Never got offered H though & was never around anyone who did it. There were rumours of people being on it but it was normally BS.

There was one lad I know who was a decent lad, had a bit money in his family but he was distantly related to a family of delinquents who got him into it. Seeing the way he went would be a massive warning to stay way clear of it.

Then as the years went by I started to hear about people I went to school with etc dieing and getting into trouble from it. The weird thing was though they were never the people you would of expected to get messed up in that kind of stuff.

It isn’t a disgrace. It also isn’t just the NHS. Drug and alcohol programmes are commissioned (paid for) by local authorities as part of the conditions of the money central government give to local government for public health.

I’m sure there are NHS providers of methadone programmes but to the best of my knowledge (and I am not a service commissioner) the money to pay for them mostly comes from local government.

As for why it isn’t a disgrace, think what would happen if these programmes didn’t exist. Methadone is an on-demand, crime-free way of providing a heroin addict their fix.

Take that away and you have acquisitive crime to pay for heroin from a street dealer.

More burglaries, more robberies, more muggings, more theft, more violence between dealers, more kids being roped into dealing, bigger strain on the police, etc

You know that fancy car you’ve got? Take methadone away and there’s a much bigger chance someone will break into it.

Blow me x
It is a disgrace man,it’s typical of what the NHS has become .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back